Thread: 660 jetting help please??????

triple x tx
    i have two 660 holley center squirters on a t-rex tunnel ram, stock jetting is 76 in primary and those stupid a$$ plates (not jettable metering blocks) in the secondary, which are the equivelent to 76 jets according to holley...my boat is running lean so i thought i would fatten up the primary with 80s but im screwed on the secondary until next week when my metering blocks are "SUPPOSE" to be here. question is do you guys think going up the main will be okay for the holiday weekend?????? PLEASE HELP ME....

triple x tx
    CORRECTION......GOING UP ON JUST THE PRIMARY JETTING THE MOTOR WILL NOT LEAN OUT ON THE BIG END???????SURELY ONE OF YOU GUYS HAS RAN 660s BEFORE!!!!

sgdiv7
    this might help, I had the same set up on BBC and 1500 ft. elv. I ran 70 in the front and 71 in the rear and never had a problem.Oh yea that was also that was air temp around 90-110 deg. I live in sunny phoenix, az. where you can go boating 8 to 9 months out of the year.
    Bill

triple x tx
    I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA DONT KNOW THE ELEVATION.....70 IN THE FRONT IS WAAAAAAAAAY TO LEAN FOR ME AND I CANT JET THE BACK RIGHT KNOW....BUT THANX FOR TRYING!!!!!!

wrightnow
    dump the 660's and get a set of 4150 750's. They are a great carb for a tunnel ram and they will work much better.
    I run a 18' CP BBC TR Alum. heads and 750's, love the boat.
    As far as your question, cant help...sorry

***boat454
    Hello from Colorado. Though I would respond to your question on the holley 4160 series secondary metering plates. I also run a tunnel ram on my 1970 Roger's jet and ran into the problem of rejetting the secondarys. Saw in hotrod magazine about a year ago that you could carefully drill out the angled metering holes in the bottom of the plate with no adverse effects and change the jetting. I just picked the screw-in holley jet size I wanted in this case I needed 80's and found the drill bit that fit the interior hole in the 80 screw in jet and drilled out the plates and presto--80 jet size secondary plates. Motor is happy and runs strong. Recommend going up is small steps untill you reach the level that your motor is happy.