Thread: Water In Driver Side Tank

Hallett19
    I have been having condensation build up in my driver side tank for a few months now and I am curious as to what could cause it ? I dont think there are any leaks in the lines, but that is the first thing I am going to replace. After that, is there a cloged vent that would cause that ? I'm not sure how these fiberglassed tanks work....
    I know its water because when I take off the air cleaner, I can see the water beading up in the bowls....

victorfb
    do you have vent lines or vented gas fills? also check the gas fills conecting hose. many times people dont put a hose clamp on the hose connecting the fill to the tank because of the lack of space to work in. water will get underneath the fill on the gunnel and seep down into the tank. i made rubber gaskets to put under my fills and use a tight fitting hose with hose clamps.

Danhercules
    Go to the drug store and get some isoprople(sp) alcohol and put it in your tank. This will get the water out.

Hallett19
    do you have vent lines or vented gas fills? also check the gas fills conecting hose. many times people dont put a hose clamp on the hose connecting the fill to the tank because of the lack of space to work in. water will get underneath the fill on the gunnel and seep down into the tank. i made rubber gaskets to put under my fills and use a tight fitting hose with hose clamps.
    Vented gas fills, I am thinking it could be the hoses from the fills to the tanks, I'm going to check them out today, I have a feeling that is what it is :idea: