Thread: Who knows about Obsession Boats?

mud duck
    I've been kind of looking for a tunnel hull jet with some room inside. I found one out on ebay, and I believe this same boat was up for auction about a month ago.
    It is a 23 ft Obsession. Who can tell me about these boats? I tried searching the Internet, but the word obsession pulls up all sorts of junk. It looks heavy, but that may be incorrect. It also looks like a good competitor to a Liberator.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

mud duck
    Give me your opinions, please.
    [http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaynotors/ws/ebay|SAP|d| |?view|tem&item=1828882933&r=0&t=0]
    Thanks.

737jetmech
    [A freind of mine had a 27 Obsession Cat W/ twin 502 mags.I really liked the boats gelcoat and colors.In my opinion it looked like an Eliminator .Seemed to be a very nice boat.I beleive the company went belly up.QUOTE]Originally posted by mud duck:
    I've been kind of looking for a tunnel hull jet with some room inside. I found one out on ebay, and I believe this same boat was up for auction about a month ago.
    It is a 23 ft Obsession. Who can tell me about these boats? I tried searching the Internet, but the word obsession pulls up all sorts of junk. It looks heavy, but that may be incorrect. It also looks like a good competitor to a Liberator.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Blown509Liberator
    Man that look like it has a long nose on it! What type of speed is he getting?
    looks biger than my 21' Liberator
    MikeW

mud duck
    Thanks for the info 737jetmech. I've learned a little about Obsession boats in the last 48 hours. Yes they are out of business now.
    Blown509liberator,
    Yes, it does look longer than a Liberator. I sent an e-mail last night asking a bunch of questions, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'll let you know what I find out. Already looked up Hamburg, it is close to Detroit.
    Who knows, if it all works out, maybe I will even bring it to the Chain of Lakes in July.