Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How old before you take him out on the boat?

sunj_e
    So a question for you boating gurus out there. I have been boating for only a couple of years and have 6 year old girl and my wife which we go out all the time. We just had a boy last week and the question came up. How Old before the baby can start joining us on the boat? I know I can tool around with him in the no-wake zones, but how old were your kids before you started taking them out?

Havasu_Dreamin
    I was about 9 months old for my first trip.

lucky
    around a 18 months

H20 Toie
    6 months and she slept most of the time

cole13
    Congrats on the new addition!! My wife and I are expecting twins here in a month or so. We were talking about the same thing. Last year a friend of ours took thier 3 month old out with no problems! Lots of sunscreen and stayed under the canopy all day. She did really good.

28Prowler525
    We had our first out @ 5 months. Our friends had their 2nd and 3rd out @ about 2 months. It also depends where you boat. If it is hot you need to wait until they are 5-6 months, because their little bodies won't regulate the heat like ours do. You also can't put sun tan lotion on the until they are about 6 months old, because it soaks in their skin (this from our doctor).
    A good idea would be to wait until they are able to were a life jacket.

HM
    So a question for you boating gurus out there. I have been boating for only a couple of years and have 6 year old girl and my wife which we go out all the time. We just had a boy last week and the question came up. How Old before the baby can start joining us on the boat? I know I can tool around with him in the no-wake zones, but how old were your kids before you started taking them out?
    Basically when they can properly fit into a vest and not cry the whole time. We just took our 2 month old out for the first time on our pontoon boat and she did great - slept nearly the whole time. My wife does not want to take her out on the speed boat for another month or two.
    Another thing to consider is keeping them out of the sun. You are not supposed to use sunscreen on them for 6 months or more - you will notice there is no sunscreen recommended for infants - and therefore they need to avoid direct sunlight as much as possible. We had our daughter covered up and kept her under the bimini - it was a relatively cool weekend so it made it easy to keep her covered up.

UltraStealth
    I would say 3 months depending on water conditions. If you go to a mello lake with good water conditions, no problem. Now if it is rough, that is another story, depending on the size of the boat. We took our niece out at 5 month's and she had a blast.

HCS
    They can waterski at 6 months old. So you better get him out soon as possible.
    You want em on top of the game.

bohica
    Dr. said 6 months. He didn't want us using sun block till they were that age. After 6 months, it was all good to go. Apllied the sun block dipped them in the water and officially baptized them river rats.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast