Thread: Pioneer Daycruiser?

Boatmike
    Does anyone know anything about Pioneer Daycruisers? Is Pioneer a decent boat? Also what are the good makes to look for when shopping for a Daycruiser?
    A guy in my hood has a super cherry v-drive Pioneer he may be willing to sell to me but I don't know much about daycruisers. Also what makes to stay clear of.
    Thanks!!

johnmiller
    Steve Hall (Pioneer Boats) in Atascadero app. 1977 - 198x. Built decent boats, but I don't remember him putting a V-drive in one. They were all jet drives.

Obsessive Compulsive
    I'v seen 2 of them, but don't know the in's & out, of them, not even sure if they were V-drive. Good luck.

SPECTRABRENT
    Does anyone know anything about Pioneer Daycruisers? Is Pioneer a decent boat? Also what are the good makes to look for when shopping for a Daycruiser?
    A guy in my hood has a super cherry v-drive Pioneer he may be willing to sell to me but I don't know much about daycruisers. Also what makes to stay clear of.
    Thanks!!
    Good Makes of v-drive Daycruisers:
    Spectra
    Schiada
    Hallett
    Dimarco
    Rayson Craft
    Campbell
    Sanger
    Brent

GofastRacer
    Never heard of a Pioneer being a v-drive(but I don't know much about them either)but if it has full lenght stringers it could have been converted at one time??????..

sanger mike
    Thanks!!
    hey mike. a guy had one up here in san bruno it was black/blue. he had pioneer build it. all I remember was that boat was slow as hell and didnt handle worth a shit. I dont think the pioneer was a good v-drive daycruiser. better as a jet

Race Bob
    I have one,1982,20 ft great ride in the rough not super fast goes 65 w/mild 454 v-drive tom told me he thought it was a splash of a Tarva .My brother has a 1979 w/small block and i/o his looks like a Tahiti.My V-drive is the only one ive seen but tom told me there were a few around .We spend a lot of time @ Folsom lake and the wind comes up in the afternoon (big chop) the faster you go the better it rides.Bob

Race Bob