Thread: Eliminator history please

1000mhz
    Well after fixing the rear end on the Z71 I finally got on the road to havy (day later and a little less money in the pocket). After some great advice from MPD I got my 18'TAYLOR running good. Had a good trip all and all. I did see a couple of daytona's out there. This boat is awsome! Can anybody help out with a little history on these boats.
    What year was the daytona born?
    What sizes did this hull come in?
    Are all drive options available for this
    boat?
    Where there any other companys that produced simular hulls? What companys?
    thanks again in advance.
    ........FELLOW ADM BLACK LISTER........
    (to become a member just let them **** you over too, there great at it!)

jetboatjake
    There is not enough room on this page for that.And,WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN,But seriously.Early seventies not really sure what year(westcoast guys will rip me up here),Jet,Vdrive,and Bottom bouncing prop bending clampons,(outboards),Cougar,Ultra,Advantage,Edge,S ome guys in Oklahoma,and probably at least a dozen others. From 19 to 36 and nowdays in Probably in 1' increments.
    Rob(Abreviated response I can't type well)
    (Also low on coffee this AM)

hot_rod
    Check out the thread on page 2 or 3 named "21'daytona" . I have a 21' myself and I love the boat, if you want a fun fast boat it fills the bill quite well.
    FFS boating,
    http://www.geocities.com/hot_rod2060...boat_Page.html
    http://www.bearshobbies.com/hotrods_signature.gif

jetboatjake
    JEEZ HOTROD
    Nice Garage, and I thought I had to many boats!!!!!!!!There is a 19 daytona around here Northern IL with almost same color scheme.

riodog
    Daytona was developed by Bob Leach's designer at Eliminator Boats.(Ron I., don't know how to spell his last name). Project got shelved for a few years and basic hulls just sat. Bob decided He wanted to see if they could be made to run and that was the start of good thing. Back then Greg Shoemaker was working for Eliminator and he and Ron and the rest of the crew put it togather and if I remember the story correctly, was the first naturally aspirated boat to go over 100 mph. Bob Brown was there to record the event so he might have something to say also.

rivercrazy
    Check out Eliminators web site...

jetboatjake
    That reminds me!!!!I was talking with Greg Shoemaker when puting together my 21' edge and he told me the story of going to AZ with 19' eliminator jet.He said he ran a bunch of"100mph V-drives" that he smoked. (NO I AM NOT BADMOUTHING V-DRIVES)His telling of story was quite interesting. Things back then are not much different than today.There are lots of 100mph boats around until the GPS comes out.
    Rob(still working on my 100mph boat....not yet)

riverlover
    Hot_Rod, you are building my dream boat.

fat rat
    My first encounter with Eliminator was in the mid 70's, When Denver Mullins of "Denvers Frames" (chopper frames) and Bob leach did the big swap, Mullins biult 2 kick ass choppers for Bob and his partner, don't recall his name and Eliminator biult Mullins a kick ass Jet. I believe the article was in Street Chopper and I think Mullins went on to Drag boat heaven...R.I.P..