Bryan, did/do those carbs have chokes? I remember on my 600's when I removed the chokes one of the hole the choke screwed into on the carb body actually was sucking air, put the screw back in, problem solved. Just something to look at. A little surprised they told you to replace the base plates rather than rebuild them. Im no carb guru and whenever I rebiuld a Holley carb I replace the shaft bushings, they can be a pain in the ass to change but havent had a problem with leaking after doing so.
These 660's had no choke, they are mechanical secondaries and really go through the fuel as Squirtcha stated.... Show me a picture of the screw hole you are talking about on the choke deal and I will see if I have a vacancy....
The thing is with the set up is the boat performs great no problems other than the stated above. idles a little rich but hell dont they all? good idle great throttle responce and great top end.....
just want the leaks to stop and no more whistle.....
and Squirtcha .....l let me know what you end up with and how it works out, I may follow your lead.....
On a side note today installed my 4 * wedge..... hopefully test this weekend....
Bryan