After having talked to just about all of the big name pump guys over the last month or so I noticed something that got me wondering. Whenever I would call and ask them what work they would recommend having done to my pump in order to get all I can out of my boat almost never did any of them say that I should have my bowl flowed/massaged/race-prepped. It was usually only after I would ask specifically about bowl work that they would say something along the lines of, " yes, we should probably go ahead and do your bowl while we are at it". I kind of started to get the feeling that it was an after thought and they were just saying it because they thought they might have left some of my money on the table. The one pump builder who I felt was the straghtist shooter of the lot said that he would just recommend cleaning the bowl up a bit by sharpening the veins and smoothing out any casting flaws. I certainly don't mind spending money to make my boat run better, but I am starting to wonder if there are better places to spend it than on the full blown race-prepped bowl dealio. Have any of you done any testing with bowls as far as performance before and after having it prepped?My guess is people are usually having a lot of other things done to their pump during a rebuild including the bowl prep, so they don't really know how much of a gain if any was through the bowl prep alone. Anybody have some thoughts on this subject?