Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARRGGH......When The Fock will Google split

cole13
    I hate it when I hear realtors telling clients to use thier house like an ATM machine.

Tom Brown
    What does splitting have to do with anything? The shares double, the price halves. It makes it easier for people to buy in but as a share holder, it will just cause you to pay a bit more brokerage when you sell since there is a per share tariff.

cole13
    What does splitting have to do with anything? The shares double, the price halves. It makes it easier for people to buy in but as a share holder, it will just cause you to pay a bit more brokerage when you sell since there is a per share tariff.
    Per share Tariff is actually not correct, but it depends on your means of trading. If you are trading on E-Trade or something of the sort they charge a per share commission. Through a wire house it is different!!

Tom Brown
    Per share Tariff is actually not correct, but it depends on your means of trading.
    LOL!
    Your post on cashflow and debt was excellent. You should stop while you're ahead.

jdogginla
    It makes it easier for people to buy in but as a share holder, it will just cause you to pay a bit more brokerage when you sell since there is a per share tariff.
    Because I'd like to buy again when it splits. Don't want to buy it at the current price. I originally bought it under 200.00 but not comfortable paying 300 a share for it.

jdogginla
    Buy a rental and have the positive cash flow make your boat payment!
    The rental will probably go up in value while it's still a great tax shelter.
    Also you will have some moron paying off your boat.
    Just my 2 cents, remember, always have your assets pay for your liabilities.
    Dunno......was always taught you pay for your Toys with cash or as much of it as you can.

DCBob
    Dunno......was always taught you pay for your Toys with cash or as much of it as you can.
    Great words of wisdom. Save the leverage for income producing assets if you can :wink:

ROZ
    I hate it when I hear realtors telling clients to use thier house like an ATM machine.
    I'm no realator or financial manger, but I didn't read that he advised jdogg to pull money out of his house...
    Incidentally, my brother's 2 rentals pay for his sports car payment... Funny thing is that he owns 2 houses that bring income, and he rents his current residence in Boston. He uses the difference in rent vs mortgauge to pay toward the principle on his other 2 houses...Cheaper to rent than own there anyways....
    But back to your ATM theory, I can't understand is why anyone would take money out of their house to buy a new depreciating asset, err liability, in cash either... Tax consequenes will suck after you sell your house if you're not prepared...(thinking of capitol gains after exceeding the 300k/650k do not pass go mark)...

cole13
    I'm no realator or financial manger, but I didn't read that he advised jdogg to pull money out of his house...
    Incidentally, my brother's 2 rentals pay for his sports car payment... Funny thing is that he owns 2 houses that bring income, and he rents his current residence in Boston. He uses the difference in rent vs mortgauge to pay toward the principle on his other 2 houses...Cheaper to rent than own there anyways....
    But back to your ATM theory, I can't understand is why anyone would take money out of their house to buy a new depreciating asset, err liability, in cash either... Tax consequenes will suck after you sell your house if you're not prepared...(thinking of capitol gains after exceeding the 300k/650k do not pass go mark)...
    I should have put that in a side note! It really had nothing to do with this thread just venting a little!
    So just to be clear, the income from the properties is used to pay down the other houses, or to pay for the sports car? If it is to pay down the other houses that is a really good idea!
    ANd I still do not think Google is going to split. But what do I know!!!

SoCalOffshore
    Because I'd like to buy again when it splits. Don't want to buy it at the current price. I originally bought it under 200.00 but not comfortable paying 300 a share for it.
    The splitt is inmaterial to the future performance of a stock. Buying one share at $300 share is the same as buying 2 shares at $150. You still have invested the same amount of dollars. The P/E ratio, P/B ratio and earnings are all adjusted. The key to making money in stocks is not what you bought it for, but what you sell it for. Profits in stocks are paper untill sold. The key to Google is when you sell. Most people will hold on to long and see much, if not, all of there gains evaporate. Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast