Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ARRGGH......When The Fock will Google split

Buy a rental and have the positive cash flow make your boat payment!
    The rental will probably go up in value while it's still a great tax shelter.
    Also you will have some moron paying off your boat.
    Just my 2 cents, remember, always have your assets pay for your liabilities.
    So being a renter = being a moron.
    Thanks, I think I got it now. :notam:

Deano
    Because I'd like to buy again when it splits. Don't want to buy it at the current price. I originally bought it under 200.00 but not comfortable paying 300 a share for it.
    Thats the only good thing about a split. Alot more people will be comfortable buying more for less when its actually the same. Its all phsycilogical (sp) and the stock will rise because of it.
    I wouldnt be so comfortable hanging on to GOOG for too much longer..

cole13
    The splitt is inmaterial to the future performance of a stock. Buying one share at $300 share is the same as buying 2 shares at $150. You still have invested the same amount of dollars. The P/E ratio, P/B ratio and earnings are all adjusted. The key to making money in stocks is not what you bought it for, but what you sell it for. Profits in stocks are paper untill sold. The key to Google is when you sell. Most people will hold on to long and see much, if not, all of there gains evaporate. Good luck.
    Very well put
    But it is going to $350.00 hahaha

jdogginla
    I may be off base........but yes if I buy it 300 or if I buy 2 at 150, it is monetarily the same. But it's more attractive to other potential investors at 150. Again I may be off base but the at 300 it may be close to it's "ceiling" where as if it splits and goes back to 150 it has the potential as again it's much more attractive.
    Either way the additional money is being invested.
    Is my thinking off base?

ROZ
    So just to be clear, the income from the properties is used to pay down the other houses, or to pay for the sports car? If it is to pay down the other houses that is a really good idea!
    It's symantics...No matter how you look at it, he's paying for it..
    The saving of him renting vs owning this particular apartment in Boston goes toward the principle on the rentals... The money made from the rentals pays for the car and is reinvested...
    Since he doesn't drive the car much and parking cost is expensive, he'll likely sell the car and parking space(about 80k for the space) and just reinvest the money...
    He'd trade it all to come back to work out here though

Tom Brown
    So being a renter = being a moron.
    Unfortunately, I think this is the case all too often.
    When someone says what a great idea it is to buy a huose and have a renter pay it off, that's a sign they've never done it.

hoolign
    Unfortunately, I think this is the case all too often.
    When someone says what a great idea it is to buy a huose and have a renter pay it off, that's a sign they've never done it.
    You can get lucky...I bought one that was occupied by two teachers at the college..they were in it for 8 years...Don't ask me why they didn't just buy it..but it worked good for me. I think the best way to do this is to buy one that has a renters in already that have a track record!.. Buying then renting is a coin toss at best, unless you put it through a management company which just takes cash out of your pocket. Anyone who thinks it's as easy as buy , rent out, forget about it... is in for abig surprise!

Tom Brown
    Anyone who thinks it's as easy as buy , rent out, forget about it... is in for abig surprise!
    Anyone who thinks that deserves to have you as a renter, Hooli.

hoolign
    Anyone who thinks that deserves to have you as a renter, Hooli.
    I couldnt even tell you what it's like to be a renter... I bought my first house when I turned 18 :idea: It never made sense for me to pay for someone elses stuff!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123