Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie taking on a some water

ddevore
    Hey guys, This is the first Jet I've had so I'll probably have a few intresting questions for ya that never arose on the old prop boats. I picked up a 2000 21' Ultra that had about 15 hours on it from a neighbor of my inlaws.
    I've noticed since having it that it picks up a bit of water, and it only seems to do this when I'm running it, probably about a gallon in a day. From what I've found it might be the gland packing rings? Can these be adjusted W/O ripping into things too much, or can I do this out at the river (I store it out at parker)?
    The previous owner had everything maintained at the dealer and as far as I can tell was very easy on everything.
    Thanks for any info!!
    Dennis

MudPumper
    The packing gland is supposed to drip water about one drip every 15 seconds or so. If you only get a bout a gallon in a whole day I wouldn't even be concerned with it. You should see how much water I get in my boat or some of the others I hang with. LOL

Wicked Performance Boats
    A gallon a day is just right. The packing is meant to have a little water trickling by it to cool the seal. I install an automatic bilge pump an go boating without worrying about it. Budlight

Wicked Performance Boats
    MP , you type faster than me. Budlight :yuk:

Jake W2
    You can buy a new style seal from Dons Pump Service (DPS)(ano alumwith rubber seals) that gets rid of the crapy old style packing their about 90 bucks.I used one in my pump when I rebuilt it. I have not used it yet but the the product quality is nice.
    Jake

ddevore
    Thanks for the info - you guys are on it!! Here's a photo of the new debit I picked up.
    http://mysite.verizon.net/respqt4l/s...s/img_0641.jpg

sanger rat
    I got the new shaft (packing) seal like Jake has. I got mine from HTP. Nice piece but I havn't run it yet.

MudPumper
    Thanks for the info - you guys are on it!! Here's a photo of the new debit I picked up.
    http://mysite.verizon.net/respqt4l/s...s/img_0641.jpg
    ddevore, I was in the Chevron gas station Sunday morning when you pulled in looking for fuel. I had the grey chevy with the blue and white jet boat. That boat is really clean and I love the colors. They are different, I like it.

ddevore
    I remember you there, your boat looks great too, I was going to take a closer look but I kept getting jacked when I was trying to pull into a pump...
    Dennis

MudPumper
    Yeah I felt kinda bad for you trying to jocky around with that rig. Them fords don't have the best turning radius. I bet that diesel tows like a champ though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast