Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Stereo System

ROZ
    If I got one more battery would I just hook it up to another battery or do i got to do some crazy rewiring?
    Are you only running 1 battery now?

ROZ
    # 8 power wire for the HU and crossover
    2 # 2 power wires for the amps
    2 # 2 ground wires for the amps
    Is that all? You may want to run shorecable ga wire as power and ground next time :jawdrop:

SouthBay RB
    What I have seen is when the bass amp draws alot of power during songs with lots of boom.....
    and when the batteries get low....
    the voltage available to the head unit thru the small guage wire is not enough so it shuts off. This is not a car where the HU is within a couple feet of the battery. For my 3 amps I have a
    # 8 power wire for the HU and crossover
    2 # 2 power wires for the amps
    2 # 2 ground wires for the amps
    All the battery interconnects are #2 ga
    I think roz hit it on the head for the easy diagnosis, temporarily run a jumper wire from the HU to the battery and see if the problem persists.
    Extra batteries are easy to run depending on your avaliable space
    We need to know what batteries you have. size/group like a 24 or 27 and how many. Also do you have a switch for the batteries that is one or two positions?
    I will have to look at the batteries when I get home tonight. I know I havent seen one of the batteries before, looks really small.
    And yes I have a switch for the 2 batteries.
    Man this is pissing me off

BOBALOO
    [QUOTE=ROZ]Is that all? You may want to run shorecable ga wire as power and ground next time :jawdrop
    I get #2 finely stranded wire from work. We have leftovers from equipment installs so why not use it.

ROZ
    [QUOTE=ROZ]Is that all? You may want to run shorecable ga wire as power and ground next time :jawdrop
    I get #2 finely stranded wire from work. We have leftovers from equipment installs so why not use it.
    Nice...

boater012
    hey southbay im in long beach if you want to call me you can bring the boat by my shop for a looksee and i will tel you what i think it needs. 1-310-283-0564. i am willing to look at for you no charge and give you some pointers. thats my cel number by the way.

SouthBay RB
    OK
    This is what I got
    2 batteries
    1 is an EFX power on demand Dry cell
    By Scosche IND.
    1200 Cranking Amps, 91 reserve MIN.
    EDC 1200
    Other battery Power Stride Deep Cycle
    I have 4 Kenwood amps Excelon KAC-X621
    1 sub KFC-XW1300 DVC Peak Power 2000w
    8 6inch 2way kenwood speakers
    and Head unit is KDC-MPV5025
    OK, I hope this helps
    Let me know if you guys know anything about this CRAP
    THANK YOU

Beer-30
    I am assuming the deck (head unit) is a Kenwood also, what with the KDC prefix. If so, here is what I have learned of Kenwood.
    In a car, it is OK. Kenwood, to most who know stereo stuff, is know for good looks. They always have pretty lights and displays, but they seem to be fragile. They don't like bumps and vibration. Therefore, if your HU is a Kenwood, I would just start by changing that out. I am a fan of Eclipse, but it is a little pricey for boating. My truck is full of Eclipse. Don't know if I would change my Sony for an Eclipse in the boat, but almost all of the brands are holding up. Sony, Alpine are very common and seem to do the job well. They are very affordable also.
    I would really suspect your Kenwood head unit is the culprit of your off/on woes.

SouthBay RB
    I am assuming the deck (head unit) is a Kenwood also, what with the KDC prefix. If so, here is what I have learned of Kenwood.
    In a car, it is OK. Kenwood, to most who know stereo stuff, is know for good looks. They always have pretty lights and displays, but they seem to be fragile. They don't like bumps and vibration. Therefore, if your HU is a Kenwood, I would just start by changing that out. I am a fan of Eclipse, but it is a little pricey for boating. My truck is full of Eclipse. Don't know if I would change my Sony for an Eclipse in the boat, but almost all of the brands are holding up. Sony, Alpine are very common and seem to do the job well. They are very affordable also.
    I would really suspect your Kenwood head unit is the culprit of your off/on woes.
    So are you saying the BATTERIES are fine, its just the head unit?
    because it turns off when the batteries are dying, and how I know they are dying,
    I can't turn the motor over.

Beer-30
    Sorry, I didn't realize the batteries were actually going dead.
    So, when the head unit does its off and on thing, the boat won't start? Batteries are done? Or does it do the off/on thing while underway?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast