Thread: boat fell off trailer!

dschifan
    All right guys, been doing this for 15 years, while pulling my boat out of the water on sunday at parker, the arm holding the eyebolt of the boat pulled through and the boat slid off the trailer, half landing in the water, half on the launch ramp. I have some gelcoat damage and a couple of deep scratches in the bow. it did not damage the fiberglass just chipped the gelcoat. Does anyone know a good place to take it to get the gelcoat repaired and the color matched. I live in the LA, Orange County area.
    Thanks

craiginlaverne
    i highly recomend future marine. in upland california. 1346 e. 9th street 909 981 8082. i work for pacific boat trailers in chino and they repair all of our accidental damages we have. they are a little pricey, but their work is the best ive ever seen. just tell them pacific trailers recomended them to you. good luck................

Dang!

xs ultra
    That sucks! I forgot to hook the front before and boat slid back about 3"-4".
    But that it!

victorfb
    that really sucks. sorry to hear it. for repairs, Todd Griggs who goes on here as "toddnjuzz" does really nice work. he opened a new shop and dont have the address but give him a PM and he will set you up.

superdave013
    that really sucks. sorry to hear it. for repairs, Todd Griggs who goes on here as "toddnjuzz" does really nice work. he opened a new shop and dont have the address but give him a PM and he will set you up.
    ditto, Todd's a great guy and does very nice work. Seems like a lot of the high end boat shops are now using Todd these days too.

speedaddict
    Sorry to hear that man... If it makes you feel any better, I forgot to put the rear tie downs on my dad's tri hull years ago.. turned onto the highway on the way home, and the boat departed the trailer with the boat axle sticking up 90 degrees straight up in the air. It was still attached at front, but it was completely off the trailer. It left a nice white fiberglass skid on the highway as well. :jawdrop: