Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: >>>HELP...REMOTE STARTER...<<<

rvrpig
    I WAS GIVEN A REMOTE STARTER FOR MY TRUCK LAST CHRISTMAS. THE COMPANY THAT MAKES IT IS (BULLDOG SECURITY). THIS THING HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES ON IT. BUT THE PROBLEM IS i CAN NOT GET IT TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY. 90% OF THE WIRING IS DONE...THE TRUCK TRIES TOSTART BUT WONT.
    DOES ANY ONE HAVE A HOOK UP ON A PLACE TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY REMOTE STARTER AND FINISH THE WORK AND PROGRAMMING. I HAVE GIVEN UP ON FINISHING IT MY SELF.....I REALLLLY NEED HELP ON THIS ONE.

piper
    Is your truck automatic or manual? If its manual look for a problem with a neutral activation switch. If it's automatic look for a connection problem with the transmission in park.
    Also look at your ignition bypass activation. Since your starting you truck without the key make sure that the ignition activation is wired up becasue if it isn't then your only activating the starter with no spark at the plugs.

rvrpig
    automatic...the wiring diagram says it is wired correctly..
    it tries to turn over but wont...every thing powers up (fuel pump).
    i can then start it manually and trun the car off...and it will keep running like it should???????

Kachina26
    What kind of truck are we working on? Possibly due to factory theft deterant :idea:

rvrpig
    2003 chey 2500hd 4x4
    have teh by pass for it....still wont work right
    looking for a trust worthy shop to finish the work i started.

Kachina26
    Where are you?

rvrpig
    Needles....but i could go as far as vegas or los angeles

Kachina26
    I use a shop in Redlands that does this kind of work for us all the time, I trust them. I could problably get it going too, but I make most of my money removing this crap Let me know what you want to do, I don't have much time, but if you are patient I'm willing to hook a brutha up! Otherwise we can send it to my shop.

rvrpig
    you dont like these things....lol
    what shop do you have?

Kachina26
    I work at a GMC dealer, I make good money pulling these things out due to the problems they cause. ie intermittant crank no start and the like. Sometimes customers request this stuff and we sub it out to Sounds Plus. They do good work, but I bet you don't have to go that far for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast