Thread: Running Hot?

99 232 baja
    Is it normal for one side of the exhaust to be hotter than the other? The temp gauge read 170 degrees, which I think is about right.

cdog
    Is it normal for one side of the exhaust to be hotter than the other? The temp gauge read 170 degrees, which I think is about right.
    Mine does the same...It may have something to do with the sand I sucked up on my easter trip. Can't seem to get all that shit out. It runs fine and flows as much water out the exhaust. If one side has constricted flow, then I would take it apart and clean it out. Enjoy the boat cousin.

BK
    What kinda tips are you running? If they have the internal flappers make sure that ones not stuck closed, that would cause one side to get hotter than the other.

99 232 baja
    What kinda tips are you running? If they have the internal flappers make sure that ones not stuck closed, that would cause one side to get hotter than the other.water seems to be running fine it is just HOT on one side. Took it in to a marina last week and they said it had good water flow.But the water coming out of the exhaust is hot on the left(driver)side and cool on the right side. not sure of tip,but water flow seems to be the same on both sides. the riser on the left is HOT to the touch and cool on the right.