Thread: MSD ignition

Big-Tex
    I e-mailed an msd tech and he recommended the following for my bbc, digital 6plus #6520, coil #8207, and dist #8562. Do i need the digital 6 plus or will a 6al work. 6al is 100.00 cheaper. Could not find part #8562 for dist. Was wondering is this vacum or mech advance? And which would work best? I am still looking for an oil pan 10 or 14 qt. Any input is appreicated. Thanks alot, first jet to rebuild.

Banshee
    I put a 6AL and MSD coil on my boat about 8 years ago and haven't had any problems with the equipment at all. At the time I made no other changes to the motor. The MSD stuff really helped the motor fire up better but didn't make much differance at WOT. The thing starts so well now it seems like it's running before I turn the key!

nastyhabit
    hey big-tex i have the dig-6 its beter because is completey potted inside water prof and a lot of extras the other one doesent all those no# are the same that i have i like the start retard the best its easyer to start big HP chebs--nasty

Erik
    I just installed the MSD 6M2 with the rev limiter on mine. Its too soon to tell what kind of difference it will make. I used the Billet Marine distributer, blaster 2 coil & the 8mm helicore wires.
    If you haven't bought it yet, try pricing Teague. They had the best price that I found.

yates9
    Do any of you guys have experience with Crane's Hi-6 digital, and how it compares to MSD?

cheyenneNY
    big tex, 10qt miloden off shore with pick up advertised in a local weekly paper. give your email address and i willpass on the phone

Big-Tex
    Originally posted by cheyenneNY:
    big tex, 10qt miloden off shore with pick up advertised in a local weekly paper. give your email address and i willpass on the phone
    e-mail address ejgraham@cst.net