Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooster tail/Diverter ?

Taylorman
    Im wondering if anyone has had the same issue that im having. My rooster tail seems have a v in it. It looks like the reverse bucket is not open all the way but i know it is. This v sprays water off to the right side. Its a brand new American Turbine diverter. It has a 3.125" insert. I remember a while back someone had a similar issure with a split rooster tail. Any suggestions?
    Kevin

that is soooo kewl...just think of it this way...V for Victory lol...what could be better than that!...anyways...seriously...i have never seen a v rooster...so i dont have a clue
    fastrat

Taylorman
    Come on guys, give me some help here.

Greaser
    It's a Split Tail, you need to order the male version.......
    LMAO

kp216
    Taylorman - Have you had someone drive the boat while you take a look over the back? Maybe you could see what's causing the diverter to divert. Sorry for the pun...

victorfb
    are you running a droop, and does it have the split? im just curious if that causes this proplem. i was told it helps direct the water flow by decreasing its spiral.

Taylorman
    Taylorman - Have you had someone drive the boat while you take a look over the back? Maybe you could see what's causing the diverter to divert. Sorry for the pun...
    Yes i did and no i could not see what was causing the problem.
    are you running a droop, and does it have the split? im just curious if that causes this proplem. i was told it helps direct the water flow by decreasing its spiral.
    Im running an American Turbine straight snoot and no it has no divider inside like a droop does. Its open all the way through.
    A while back someone was complaining of this problem with their place diverter. A friend of mine has a droop and place diverter and his does it also.
    Kevin

mgar_red
    Taylorman, it was just a thought, but do you think the insert has something to do with it? Like maybe shifting to one side when under full throttle causing some turbulance on your stream?
    I don't mean to change the subject, but did you ever find/choose a different loader to go with?

460 jus getn it
    here is mine. i have a droop and diverter.this pic as taken with 4deg of wedge.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...010077-med.JPG

Taylorman
    Someone else told me to look at the insert but that thing is pretty precise. It slips in and is held in place with a bolt. I can't see how that would be causing the problem.
    No i have not tried another loader. I need to figure out this problem first.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast