Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rooster tail/Diverter ?

Taylorman
    Yes it does except the spray is on the other side.
    I checked and the bolts do not go into the bowl.
    Also looks kinda like this picture
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...1untitled2.bmp

atxwrangler
    The inserts are held in by two bolts,huh,are the bolts sticking into the stream of water?

Taylorman
    The insert is held in by one bolt and no its not in the water stream.

jbone
    Taylorman,
    Did you ever resolve this issue. I am having the same problem. I have a good rooster, but from the boat, it looks like it has a v in it.
    Set back AT pump with AT droop snoot and Hyd Place Diverter.
    J

1slowboat
    Brazosjettin had the same problem, his reverse gate was in the spray just a little, when you look at the nozzle without the boat running it looked like the gate was up high enough,the reverse gate was above the nozzle,but with the boat moving out the (spray) comming out of the nozzle was catching the rev. gate... he kinda likes the(beaver) tail it makes though..

Duane HTP
    Please show us a picture of this "V-Tail", so we can understand what you are talking about. Duane HTP

Taylorman
    These are the best picture i have. They were taken this weekend. As you can see its a real dirty looking rooster tail. I forgot to take a picture of it from inside the boat. Everyone that i was with this weekend said i have the most screwed up looking rooster tail they ever seen. Oldbuck said it looks like i have 5 different rooster tails in one. The boat still has a slight pull to the right. The only thing ive noticed that looks out of the ordinary is i can see water spraying out of the reverse bucket on the right side but not on the left. I had Charlief drive and i looked all around the pump to see if i could see what was happening on the pump. Nothing on the pump is dragging in the water. The only thing i see is water spraying out of the reverse bucket only on the right side. I made a new nozzle insert which blocks the reverse opening, and the problem goes away. I had Gary Snow look at it this morning and he could not see anything that he thought may cause this problem.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...61DCP_5729.JPG
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...61DCP_5734.JPG

Devilman
    We've got a few pics also, Kevin, when you was throwin that tail. I'll sort through them this afternoon & post them for you, or e-mail them to you if you want. Lemme know, I'll be around. I don't recall if the split could be seen or not, but I'll check it out.

Taylorman
    email them to me if you can. kevinvidrine@msn.com. had a great time this weekend.
    thanks

Devilman
    email them to me if you can. kevinvidrine@msn.com. had a great time this weekend.
    thanks
    10-4. Sort through them this evening when I get to the house, see if they'll do any good. You know, I never really noticed it until we watched you make those passes back & forth. If your luck is like mine, it'll probably be something minor & staring at you the whole time. You'll get it.... Taking the boat after work to drop the engine at Duane's today & then I'll get on the pics. Hoping for a fairly quick discovery... No problem on the pics & yer right, we had a blast this weekend!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast