Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rooster tail/Diverter ?

LVjetboy
    A dirty rooster?
    Not exactly sure what a dirty rooster is, does it slow you down...or if not who cares? If your "dirty" rooster slows you down then a bad thing, depending on your rooster show vs jet boat performance goals. So also an excessively high rooster for show at expense of performance may slow you down, dirty or no.
    Performance aside, one thing I'd question for rooster tail cohesiveness is nozzle exit flow rotation. You've changed exit flow path components between your signature shot and recent, could any of those changes affect nozzle exit flow rotation?
    jer

Taylorman
    I changed from a one piece Berkeley bowl and jet a vator to a split dominator boln and amt diverter and straight snoot. Lets not get caught up in the terminoligy i use. That the best i can describe it. As you can see in the pictures its not a smooth round stream of water coming out. Its real choppy and uneven all over. Im more concerned about my steering pull to the right. Can't figure that out. The appearance of the rooster tail is also a concern. A rooster tail is for showing of anyway right, so why not have a nice looking tail. Mine is not, its real choppy. Just ask the 10 guys i was with this weekend. It looks like crap.

matt1
    You had a berk "F" type jetavator I told you should have never sold it.

Taylorman
    Your right. I want it back. Hey, i need another one of those check valves. Can you get me one?

CMZRACING
    Well Guess What? My Buddy Moparjet Says Mine Is Doing The Same Thing. When Looking Back It Dosent Look Like A Firehose Stream, It Just Has A Funny Shape, Not Sure Whats Going On. My Current Set Up On The Pump Is A Jg With Split Droop And A Bushwhacker Diverter. Let Me Know If You Hear Anything..

Jake W2
    What size is the incert in the diverter.
    Jake

Taylorman
    What size is the incert in the diverter.
    Jake
    Oldbuck, greaser, devilman, and charlief all saw it this weekend. Can you 4 guys please describe what my rooster tail looks like since i can't come up with better terminology than dirty to describe it.

Duane HTP
    Taylorman, I was just thinking if you had a few days when your not using your boat, you could take the unit off and send it to me. I'll put it on my boat and run it, and see if I can help you. That's the only way I know to help you without being able to drive or see the boat run. I'll do that if you want.

Taylorman
    I'll take you up on that. I'll see what i have the next few weeks.
    Thanks for the offer

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast