Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Rooster tail/Diverter ?

Taylorman
    [QUOTE=sdba069]QUOTE]Gary- Whats Up- Will You be at Waco. We have had a rush of Hot Parts for it. Dave
    This Year has been a record of underloaded pumps. Damage causecd by this condition has been way up. We have never seen the wild break-thru of delivered power in H.P & Torque as in the past Two Years. I am now telling a lot of callers with what sounds like load problems to light paint spray the Impellers, make a pass or two and see if Cavatation marks show. Mag Bronze or Stainless Steel will not show this in short periods. Yet what we are seeing and hearing is guys running max RPMs on Impellers that Top Fuel Boats cannot run, and they are calling up wanting bigger yet. Hand Hole Covers blowing with solid backing plates, blown suctions & bowls, are always the end item of Implosion. An "A" impeller works on 1300/1500 HP @ 140s and some are running minus back cuts on these- You will not get a 900 HP Motor to run a "AA" or "AAA" cut. Now with this I will exclude the Outlaw Crews as these 900 and 1000 ft Race Program take a complete different and approach, Also the Gear Box guys.
    A lot of what I see being ran also indicates that smooth flow has not been a consideration in the thought process. You cannot run water in a flow line and then throw a 5 or 7 degree abrupt angle change at it. Water will crash into side walls before it re-directs itself while the oncomming water further crashes into the now turbulent condition established. Just A thought.
    So how does all this related to my Oldsmobile turning 4900 rpms? Not being a smart a**, just trying to related my problem to what you said.
    Thanks

sdba069
    Don't pay the ransom, he has escaped. Pops1, that is.

Duane HTP
    Okay, Send me everything from the bowl back.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567