Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E-Boat. Can someone explain

Great stuff Jerry.....Got any more I know you're set up, but it still takes some
    time to post Pics--Thanks again

canam10
    [QUOTE=V-DRIVE VIDEO]I got the e-mail, here's your pics. Really cool stuff!!!
    Thanks Jerry,
    One of these days I'll take the time to sit down and figure out how to post pictures. Till than as I dig them out I'll send them to you, bet your thrilled !!!
    The Sk-102 and the SS-71 were my first two race boats. I had one other Hurricane hull before I purchased my first Biesemeyer mid 70's. The SK-165 is Ralph Barker's 16' Patterson, Hemi Powered, with Bill Burgess at the wheel. Greg Barker has been looking for years for this boat and I'm pretty sure would settle for any 16' Pattersen that maybe out there for sale ( Greg has Boyds/Arts Lavey) and will be making his return to the wheel in the new SE class also. The color picture is of the Canadian Racing Team. As you can see Valleyfield has always been the premier race site in the country. Notice the Club Nautique in the background. I'll bet none of us could count as high as the beers that have been drunk and stories told in that place. It's a bit different today but still there. Thanks again Jerry, Tim

echo
    In the 1950s the Buffalo Launch Club on Grand Island,N.Y. held the best boat races you would want to see.All Classes.Would be great if alot of West coast guys you visit Grand Island.I grew up there,been in California and Parker for 35 years.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Anybody have plans to attend the Race Boat Regatta on the St Lawrence River? Im thinking of taking my Nordic up just to cruise around in.

canam10
    In the 1950s the Buffalo Launch Club on Grand Island,N.Y. held the best boat races you would want to see.All Classes.Would be great if alot of West coast guys you visit Grand Island.I grew up there,been in California and Parker for 35 years.
    There is no doubt about the Buffalo Launch Club being one of the earliest and best race sites during the early years of boat racing. I don't recall the last years they held a race, but my guess would be in the 50's. The vintage boats put on one of the largest shows in the country at the Launch Club every year, the beginning of September and maybe second only to the Clayton,N.Y. show. It's surely a show worth going to if your interested in vintage racing. I live just down stream from the Buffalo Launch club just past the South bridge. I also served as Commadore of the B&T boat racing association for a few years and we were based out of the Launch club. I never raced at the Launch club but do remember watching a race or two from there as a young boy. We are still racing on the Niagara River but we're across the river in the Tonawanda's Pictures are of the Buffalo Launch Club and the view of the Niagara River as I'm sitting at my computer. Tim

VD CRUISER
    Neat picture Mike, those guys ran em loose, didn't they.

You Te
    It all started (and Dmontzsta will love this!) on southern California's lake Elsinore in 1965 (where I grew up water skiing).
    This is a hallcraft ad from the back cover of issue 1 volume 1 of Hot Boat magaine. It pretty much says it all.
    ***boat mag was 100% ***boats back then.
    ]
    INTERESTING!!!!!!

tfrahz555
    Thanks Boyd,
    Didn't know the Navy drafted anybody !! Execpt in the case of my Son and he didn't have to go. The Navy came after him as he was one of the top engineering students in country. After a long interview process and several trips to Washington, DC he was selected from the several candidates to teach Nuclear Propulltion at the Nucular Power school in Charleston,S.C. He taught down there for 4 years and turned over his command a couple years ago.
    I really liked the poppy red mustangs at the time so I ordered an Orange Boat. I had the boat Shipped to New York on a flatbed tractor trailer and Bob built a crate to ship it in. When Bob called to say he shipped my orange crate the name just stuck. Tim
    Tim,
    Its a small world. I was a student at Navel Nuclear power School in the mid 90's. Back then Nuclear power school was in Orlando, fl. I remember going to lake magorie and seeing Duff set the 1 1/4 K boat record while i was stationed there.
    Woody

canam10
    Tim,
    Its a small world. I was a student at Navel Nuclear power School in the mid 90's. Back then Nuclear power school was in Orlando, fl. I remember going to lake magorie and seeing Duff set the 1 1/4 K boat record while i was stationed there.
    Woody
    Woody,
    It sure is. Tim graduated from the University of Neveda Reno in May of 99 and went to Officer Indoctrination School Newport, Rhode Island, graduating 23 July 1999. He started teaching at the power school that Aug. It was almost new at that time. Tim continued to race stock cars down there at Summerville speedway. He is still at it, racing mini modifidies in Virginia. Also on this thread Echo grew up on Grand Island and the old pictures Jerry posted for me are from the early races at the Buffalo Launch Club.
    Lake Magorie, man that was a nice place to race Worlds record course always great water. Last time I ran there was about 77-78. I thought they stopped running there shortly after that. That was always a great winter trip for a bit they ran Miami,St Pete(lake Magorie) back to back and one year they even added a race in Mt. Dora. Tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123