Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windage tray?

Mike, Dooley told me they have the ARP studs seperately, and they also wonder why ARP would sell a kit with only 4, but they have for a long time and that is why Dooley has them in bulk........along with the ground washers,nuts, and tray mounting nuts....Expensive, but available. I wonder why Ian called them "stock bolts"...........MP
    I didn't realize Dooley was stocking ARP studs. But studs are different than the GM bolts with the standoffs (from a design and torque perspective). ARP studs, better than bolts, yes probably, but you have to be concerned with the align hone as Info eluded to above that already exists as part of this engine. Are main studs necessary for a non ultra high HP engine, no not IMO.
    I can also get you ARP at the right price, (guarantee I'll match Summit or Jegs w/o thier handling charge part # for part #) if you're interested let me know.

GofastRacer
    Mike, Dooley told me they have the ARP studs seperately, and they also wonder why ARP would sell a kit with only 4, but they have for a long time and that is why Dooley has them in bulk........along with the ground washers,nuts, and tray mounting nuts....Expensive, but available. I wonder why Ian called them "stock bolts"...........MP
    You can also get them from ARP, I got them for the last motor I built weren't that pricey either!..

bigkatboat
    Check the 'throw depth', weld some tabs on the inside of the pan. (make them with studs sicking up) Make yourself a real nice curved, well vented tray. Don't forget to make a tab to keep oil out of the timing cover. (flywheel forward) Or a tab to keep oil off of rear main. (circle boats).

wet77
    i use a Milodon flat bottom pan with a built-in windage tray that clears a 4.500" stroker crank with n/p...i just use the ARP main bolts & everything's kewl
    fastrat
    Same here I have the dart 540 and used the Milodon 10q jet pan 4.25 stroke and used arp main studs with no problem
    My block came with bolts and after rechecking the mains with the studs it was all good

Moneypitt
    Ian, which do you need, studs or bolts? I have a set of stock main bolts with the stand offs. If that is what you are looking for let me know.....Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12