Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy towards the end of the year

Well,
    After being away from boating for about 3 years, my wife and I went to Havasu with friends for Memorial Weekend and we now have the fever (again). Our last boat was a Hallett 245, which we sold in 2002. We have since bought a toyhauler (2006 Weekend Warrior FSC3200) , quads and a lifted golf cart. The trailer has only been used ONCE and it looks like it is going bye, bye (any takers). Anyway, I am looking at spending around 80k and would like to get something in the 25' to 29' range. I'm not looking for outrageous speeds, just something with a Mag HO engine package. I have been looking at Shockwave, Hallett, Commander, Conquest, Nordic or Magic. Anyone have any contacts at any of the these companies that might be willing to work a deal for an end of the year build/purchase? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and we hope see you you all real soon at the river.

I'm Sorry,,,
    Closed bow or Open Bow/Cuddy Cabin - V bottom.

Beer-30
    Look in the active thread about someone wanting a 28' V. Lots of info there. My only problem with the Nordics is the smaller passengers areas. Almost all of the others have noticeably larger helm / open bow areas. I am sure there is a reason, I'm not knocking it. It just didn't work for my needs. Hope it helps.
    BTW, post some pics of your trailer. My friends have a 27' Warrior that they are looking to sell to a friend and want a fifth wheel model. The 3200 is fifth, right?

Beer-30
    Well,
    After being away from boating for about 3 years, my wife and I went to Havasu with friends for Memorial Weekend and we now have the fever (again). Our last boat was a Hallett 245, which we sold in 2002. We have since bought a toyhauler (2006 Weekend Warrior FSC3200) , quads and a lifted golf cart. The trailer has only been used ONCE and it looks like it is going bye, bye (any takers). Anyway, I am looking at spending around 80k and would like to get something in the 25' to 29' range. I'm not looking for outrageous speeds, just something with a Mag HO engine package. I have been looking at Shockwave, Hallett, Commander, Conquest, Nordic or Magic. Anyone have any contacts at any of the these companies that might be willing to work a deal for an end of the year build/purchase? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and we hope see you you all real soon at the river.
    Also, look at SleekCraft/Magic's webpage at their "current inventory" There are some great deals to be had. NASHVILLEBOUND, here on the boards, just dropped off the "01 Ultra 24'7" XS, has a bitchen blue whippled motor, ext steering, tabs, all the goodies. I'm pretty sure it could be had for $55K.
    They have a 26' LaveyCraft NuEra there also. Don't know what they want for it. There are some great used deals out there.

RiverDave
    Look in the active thread about someone wanting a 28' V. Lots of info there. My only problem with the Nordics is the smaller passengers areas. Almost all of the others have noticeably larger helm / open bow areas. I am sure there is a reason, I'm not knocking it. It just didn't work for my needs. Hope it helps.
    BTW, post some pics of your trailer. My friends have a 27' Warrior that they are looking to sell to a friend and want a fifth wheel model. The 3200 is fifth, right?
    Not to keep disagreeing with you.. But the Nordic's have a huge open bow. My 22' fits more people then most 25's - 28's!! I can fit 12 in the boat no problems.. 14 is kind of a squeeze, plus coolers etc..
    Case in point.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...icture_099.jpg
    RD

Beer-30
    My comparison is not about 22's vs. 28-30s. That's apples to oranges. For a 22, maybe you have the larger open bow area. Hell, I don't know.
    Park a 28 Heat and a 28 Eliminator side by side. Start measuring wall to wall and length of the open areas. I have never seen the mid-cuddy, so I can't speak for that. I have ridden in the passenger seat of a 28 Eagle XP and it seemed like my wife (on the rear bench) was in a different zip code.
    I saw a 28 Heat and the guy point out to me the difference in the passenger areas. There were five people in the driver / rear bench area, standing, and they were chest to chest / arm to arm (sometimes not a bad thing). That's all I was pointing out. I am sure the Nordics have more to offer than other boats in other ways. I'm NOT RUNNING THEM DOWN. It's just an observation, no disrespect intended.

CrazyHippy
    not to take anything from nordic, or the others, but coming from a Hallett... :idea:
    BJH

Steamin' Rice
    not to take anything from nordic, or the others, but coming from a Hallett... :idea:
    BJH
    I went from a Hallett to Shockwave and never regretted it.. There are a lot of good builders out here...

C-2
    burtandnancy from this board has a 30' Hallett for sale in that price range. Clean azz boat and one of a kind I think. Do a search under his name.

C-2
    I went from a Hallett to Shockwave and never regretted it.. There are a lot of good builders out here...
    Greg :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast