Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SPAM 78 18 gullwing

Jake W2
    What you guys dont like green?
    Here is a pic of the motor it does have a Canton racing oil pan and eddie breathers on it now all so.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center.../2006biggs.jpg
    Jake

Jake W2
    Pics of the pump it does have Eddie Marine ss lines for the place diverter and bulk head through fittings.And Earl black ano fittings ss line and bulk head for water inlett.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center.../2006bkgwp.jpg
    Jake

HotRod Sprint
    Jake, please take the advice and DON'T sell it! I know how much of a labor of love this is for you. And you even have your wife telling you not to sell, that is a huge bonus. Go enjoy the summer in the family boat and keep the project under a tarp until you feel like working on it again.
    Rod

Jake W2
    Thanks guys but I am pretty dead set on selling it.
    Jake

JAKE,
    You once PM'd me for not responding to your posts. Now I am responding. You will forever regret selling the gullwing. I have a couple of land vehicle projects I have considered selling, but know I would regret it. So, they are hanging aroung the shop until i am ready. Listen to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jake, be on the level here!
    why are you really getting rid of the boat?
    did you take a ride in a quick gullwing and it scared the crap out of you???lol
    dont take my post seriously, just a lil bored right now!
    Todd

flat broke
    Maybe he has other reasons, maybe its a space issue, who knows. I can see both sides of the argument, but one thing we all know is that from a $$ standpoint it would take more money to finish it. If he sells now, he has $$ back in his pocket and maybe life is a little less cluttered. Throw the cooler in the Baja and go to the lake with the family for the weekend.... I can appreciate the "get in and enjoy the damn thing" side of his new boat.
    The flip side of the coin is like SD said, if it isn't costing you anything ($$, grief from the wife, storage, etc.) to keep it, and you don't need the $$ in a bad way. You don't lose anything by shelfing the project and revisiting it at a later date.
    Either way, the most surprising part of all this, is the fact that it hasn't sold yet. Like many of us have said on the thread and in PMs, if it was closer, it would be gone.
    I wasn't sure how I'd like the green on the black, but with some grey pins around it, it would look pretty good. If you don't have to sell it Jake... Don't. But if you just want to, or need to, good luck with the sale.
    Chris

Jake W2
    I dont have a sad storie or a need for the cash.Really I have a ton of money in it most parts are new.I would really be better off selling it in pieces.
    Original I was going to buy a Daycruzer and revamp it and have both,then after seeing the 21 Papp stealth with the blower and hat motor I was like that is where it is at.So I looked in to one hull was like 15000 no trailer or int and thought about using my parts.Really like Hachjobs new Dana(southwind and asked time after time the cost of one with no answer).So I started looking for a 87through90 220 sport Baja you can get one with bigblock for around 12000 in nice shape and turned up nada for about 2 years they are around if you want to go way up east for a slat water ran one.(and was going to keep my gullwing)then saw the 20 Bajas and called on a used one down at BigThunder Marine a major place if you boat in LOTO and they had a special on the new 03s that never sold the payments were the same as buying the used one so that is how i ended up with it.No its not a jet no it does not have a big block and it is not a Cali custom boat .It does how ever have more freeboard,does make some noise with the through transom exaust it can fit 5 people (its a hard deck)in it and it can stay on the lake all weekend long and has a nice snap cover to keep the BATS out over nite.My wife really likes it you know it rides good has a cD player ect.
    I really did not want to spam the Earl on here for fear of felling like a sellout.I allways laughed at the Bajas ect calld them bath tub boats.But I tell you I like my bath tub more than I thought I would.And if you guys dont like that your really not going to like what I have to say next I will probely get a V drive project for the next go around.I would not mind having a nice heavy Sanger Bubble deck.dont get me wrong I have really enjoyed my jets but would like to own them all befor it is all said and done.
    If I do not sell the Earl it will be ok with me and I will eventualy get it done but wont be this summer because after working on something for 2 years and wishing I had a boat to use now I do and will.
    Agine I really think its cool of you guys to say what you have.I figured I had GULLWINGED you guys all out buy now.I think it is a good deal for some one but if it does not sell thats cool to Ill GETRDONE some day.
    Jake

Jake W2
    If any one has a V drive they want to trade I am all ears.(hondo,sanger,ect)
    Would like a Biser K boat(psyiiiiiiiiiiike).
    Jake

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast