Thread: Gibson Muffler tips

Bryan Rose
    Well I went and ordered a set of transom mount 496 series mufflers. I know it suck to have to do it but it really may be kind of nice just for cruising around to be able to talk to who ever is in the passanger seat with out yelling. I know my wife will like it a little more for the long trip up the lake. I just hope it does not kill the sound of my Big block....I will keep you guys posted. Not real happy about having to put black flappers on them but I guess it is needed being the low profile of the exhaust exiting half under the water at rest. I am hoping to not lose too much on the top end....nothing the nos bottle wont cure...I would have gone with the clamp ons but I would have to cut the slash tips square and that seemed kind of ghetto. I hope it still sounds good!
    Bryan

Tresguey
    Horse power wise you won't lose much. sound wise you notice a big difference. i have a good friend that works inside sales for Gibson. he wanted to give me that same set up. i had to refuse because i would have to rename my boat and that is bad luck. " Feel The Noise 2 " i used to own " Feel The Noise " former circle track v-drive racer at Marine Stadium Long Beach but it was stolen a few years ago. But that Gibson set up is very good.

Bryan Rose
    Horse power wise you won't lose much. sound wise you notice a big difference. i have a good friend that works inside sales for Gibson. he wanted to give me that same set up. i had to refuse because i would have to rename my boat and that is bad luck. " Feel The Noise 2 " i used to own " Feel The Noise " former circle track v-drive racer at Marine Stadium Long Beach but it was stolen a few years ago. But that Gibson set up is very good.
    Good to hear just hope it still sounds good.

Tresguey
    oh it will sound good just the db level drops a bit. :coffeycup

Screemy1
    How do the rex marine tips works with the internal flapper???? My exhaust is going to exit under the water line.... are those goor for that???

Bryan Rose
    How do the rex marine tips works with the internal flapper???? My exhaust is going to exit under the water line.... are those goor for that???
    Yep.