Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spamola - Billet Pulleys For 496

franky
    I got mine chromed since it seems you could not get to Raylar in time for my needs
    INSMAN, I have your coolers ready to ship. If you did the Raylar thing you are making way too much heat for the stock cooler. Life will be short. Ask Ray.

INSman
    INSMAN, I have your coolers ready to ship. If you did the Raylar thing you are making way too much heat for the stock cooler. Life will be short. Ask Ray.
    Franky
    Go ahead and call Ray to get it done. He will just add it to my bill !! Polished or powdercoated ?? If powdercoated, I need a specific color Ray can give you.

franky
    The cooler cannot be powdercoated as the baking process also melts the solder. They are painted black but you can paint any color you like. Mounts on the back of the block with polished billet brackets. I will post pics later on today. The nice thing is you remove the two little coolers, the stupid backflush valves and about a zillion other hoses, brackets and fittings so it really cleans up the motor.

superdave013
    WOW, those look really nice Franky! I can't wait to see what you've done for the oil coolers.

franky
    HOLYMOLY,
    Could you do that magic trick thing that makes all 5 pictures of the oil cooler stuff I just put in Image Center, Gear, Motors, Franky.
    Crap you remove, oil cooler bracket, couple views of install, oil filter head.
    This cooler was a prototype in chrome, the real deal is painted black. Hoses are -10, fittings are 1/2", higher flow, less restriction. Cooler is over 3X the heat exchange capacity of stock.
    Thanks - Franky

Beer-30
    What kind of 496 is that ?? :squiggle:
    That would be the AZ Speed and Marine intake.
    http://store1.yimg.com/I/azspeed_1845_4310279

Dave C
    more pics!!!..
    nice looking stuff.
    Are you gonna have this stuff for sale over at Raylar? Might need the cooler.
    Valve covers?
    Thanks

franky
    Thanks Dave!
    I will if Ray ever returns my e-mails! More pics of oil cooler package I am trying to have posted (see previos post).
    Valve Covers... just milled off the bosses for the coils and welded up the holes, then powder coated. I would not do this again, thin casting warped when welded. Working on billet valve covers now. With the time spent milling off the bosses, welding holes, milling again, grinding, sand blasting (Merc paint is TOUGH), powder Coating....might as well start from scratch.

superdave013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast