Thread: Lenco Fluid??

Boatmike
    Do any of you know what kind of fluid goes in a Lenco Clutch or where to obtain the 411??? :redface: :redface: :redface:

Wildchild80
    Do any of you know what kind of fluid goes in a Lenco Clutch or where to obtain the 411??? :redface: :redface: :redface:
    We used to run ford type ATF

Boatmike
    It appears that that's what is in it.

DetroitJim
    Any type of ATF is fine, don't put more than about 3/4 of a quart in it or it will want to spew out the servo vent hole. Once it is good and broken in you can get away with 1/2 quart. Do you know how to set up the clutch pack and servo?

Boatmike
    No I do not. It seems to work pretty good. The reason I ask is, I pulled the fill plug and could not see any fluid. It also seems to get alittle warm when driving around. I it normal to not be able to see fluid and for it to get warm??

GofastRacer
    I may be wrong but it seems like it hasen't been serviced in quite a while, wouldn't hurt to clean it out and put a fresh batch oil ATF in there, use Dextron it has anti-foam agents in it!..

DetroitJim
    You will not see the fluid even when it's full, the clutch drum is in the way. Why not go ahead and drain it out, check for debris or metal in the oil and fill it up again.

Moneypitt
    The ford ATF is actually corser/grainyer than the GM type ATF. Back in the day, all the hot automatics recomended the ford stuff for that reason, just a thought.........MP

GofastRacer
    The ford ATF is actually corser/grainyer than the GM type ATF. Back in the day, all the hot automatics recomended the ford stuff for that reason, just a thought.........MP
    That was back in the day, today Dextron rules garonteed!..