Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Highway Patol Here?

meaniam
    gee i would be glad to just get away with my ticket being half. or if i thought that the chp in whittier wouldnt show up and i would win by defualt id give it a try. but i do have prior offences have gone to court to try and fight lost then lost abilty to do traffic school.My current ticket is for driving over the carpool lanes. I know that makes me an ahole, and i am guilty just wish i didnt have to pay the 369 dollar fine plus traffic school, i suppose that is what you get for knowing your are breaking the law before you do it. guilty of doing proably 20 times. I dont think the chp has to be there anymore cant he submit a written statement?

Havasu_Dreamin
    You know the other thing that is odd is that the ticket reads: posted speed limit 65, safe speed limit 70, and recorded speed est 80. If the speed limit is posted 65 what is up with the safe speed limit he wrote 70? I don't understand any of this. I can see if it was raining or snowing and the safe limit was lower but higher than the posted limit? Go figure??
    If I rememeber from my traffic school days, Speed Limit is not a definite, meaning you can go a faster, safe speed, for the given conditions. Maximum speed is a hard line, no faster than that allowed under any conditions.

Beer-30
    Boy, everyone sure is glad when a CHP officer rolls up to take the accident report when someone hits them, but get bashed for doing the other part of their job. Hmmm.

MagicMtnDan
    My wife was driving and she got a ticket from a CHP officer. Why did that happen?
    Uh, maybe she was exceeding the speed limit and the officer wrote her up for violating the law? :rollside:
    Next.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123