Thread: Next Circle Race for Nostalgia! 2 Weeks away!

CircleJerk
    'Tastin N Racin' is just two weekends away June 10, 11, & 12th! The place is lake Sammamish State Park near Seattle Washington. Excitement will be served up by two groups of local racers: the Unlimited Light Hydroplanes and the Outlaw Nostalgic Circle Boats. This year is a three day show with coctail hour (sit and relax at the bar while watching the trailers pull in) and testing to resume at 3:00-6:00pm Friday. Racing starts at 11:00am both days and all boats must be in the pit area by 9:00am and drivers must complete registration and their physical exams before hand. All day live entertainment is scheduled and includes RV, boat, arts-crafts and car show. One new class called 'Vintage Nostalgia' will feature rare SK & supercharged KRR flats, JS, 225 280 & 266 hydros, and seven liter hydros. This class will feature flying flag starts!
    The Outlaw flatbottoms made their debut in 2001 and now start their fifth year of 'run what ya brung' bracket style competition with a speed limit! Two new girl drivers are anxious to hit the course but not each other, one in HondoSangers yellow 18'6, and the other in a rare 2200 Lb. Aquacraft wickens with alum 427 Ford high riser power.
    If interested in running your boat, you wont believe the low entry fee! Last year, we paid 0 for two boats! Contact me for details and possible tow money! Boyd

FlatRat
    Hey Joink,
    what's the new rules?What's up with cut suit ol buddy?May have the Howard ready for the last few races.Been workin' hard on 'er.Are we allowed mech.fuel injection? :hammer2:

boatguy222
    Hey Joink,
    what's the new rules?What's up with cut suit ol buddy?May have the Howard ready for the last few races.Been workin' hard on 'er.Are we allowed mech.fuel injection? :hammer2:
    Yes, you can run just about anything you want, injection is ok

FlatRat
    Yes, you can run just about anything you want, injection is ok
    '70 E-Type Jaguar FHC for sale.Need mech fuel injection. :rollside:

boatguy222
    '70 E-Type Jaguar FHC for sale.Need mech fuel injection. :rollside:
    That 3.8L engine is a little small for your Howard!

72 superlite
    Boyd, Could you use some help at the Sammamish races? When are you arriving? Got any extra pit passes?
    Rick

CircleJerk
    Always can use help! Tim, I still have the suit, until you need it I will loan it out to others in need. Rick, why dont you bring your boat so you get in free? There will be a show area or you can sit with us on the beach! I think our count will be down from last year. Interested? Free parking and admission, let Robin know and she will sign you up. We plan on getting there early afternoon on Friday.

FlatRat
    That 3.8L engine is a little small for your Howard!
    It's a S2 with the 4.2L 186 hp,even less hp than the 3.8L.They were d-tuned in '68 with the '67 S1 the last year for 3.8L 265hp.I believe.
    jErk,
    No problem,won't be needing the cut suit at this time.Just got the bulkhead glassed in,now onto re-glassing the stringer back in.Most of the hardware is polished with a few peices going to powdercoat.Am going to change the cam to let those 990's breath a little more.

72 superlite
    if i bring my boat i get in free? even if i'm not racing? would i get to park it on the beach by you, or would it be somewhere else? tell me more.

We're gonna try to catch a day of it. Should be a blast to watch...
    Good luck.....John