Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Jet Boats

lostlake
    Have any of you checked out the deck boat that GS (Greg Shoemaker) is putting together, THe mold is owned by Tomm Papp, It looks like a 21 daytona hull, its actually 21'3, with a deck on top, I tested one the other day with a stock 502, legend set back pump, it seats 3 across the rear easily, 2 in the bolster seats, and 4 or more up front, we only had 2 in the boat with the 502 mag, and were doing a solid 60 @ 4800 and a great ride.. We came up on a skier slowed down to 40 and walked over the wakes, I ordered one already and hope to have it before summer is over. I'll scan a piture when it gets out of the mold... Can't wait... and thanks for the info on the proper way to reply... Jeff

lostlake
    Have any of you checked out the deck boat that GS (Greg Shoemaker) is putting together, THe mold is owned by Tomm Papp, It looks like a 21 daytona hull, its actually 21'3, with a deck on top, I tested one the other day with a stock 502, legend set back pump, it seats 3 across the rear easily, 2 in the bolster seats, and 4 or more up front, we only had 2 in the boat with the 502 mag, and were doing a solid 60 @ 4800 and a great ride.. We came up on a skier slowed down to 40 and walked over the wakes, I ordered one already and hope to have it before summer is over. I'll scan a piture when it gets out of the mold... Can't wait... and thanks for the info on the proper way to reply... Jeff

lostlake

lostlake
    Sorry for the triple post.. i think i got it now
    [This message has been edited by lostlake (edited June 14, 2001).]

ULTRA28
    Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback on our newest design, we are currently finishing two new 21' vee tools first, then we will begin the actual tooling on the 22' cat. As many of you know, it takes at least a year to tool a new plug, then about six months to do the R&D to get the first one dialed in, many companies don't bother doing what it takes to make sure that they are putting out a perfect product before offering it to the public, thus causing themselves a bad reputation (as in the case of the advantage). If the bottom is not meant for a jet, then it shouldn't be built as one. Many people have asked me why I don't team up with Dave at DCB to build his 22 cat as a jet, but Dave and I both know that the bottom would not perform to our standards, so we have never done one. My goal is to keep the closed deck boat to about 2600lbs, which should air out at 60 mph with 410 hp. The deck boat is going to need more ponies because it should weigh in at about 3100 lbs.
    It's logical to expect close to 80 mph with about 600 hp with the deck boat.
    [This message has been edited by ULTRA28 (edited June 14, 2001).]

dcraig
    Sounds great. Keep us updated on your progress. Sounds like it will be boat like no other in the market.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234