Thread: Is this right

bob briley
    :hammer2: 87 dana 20ss, merc 2.4 efi 220efi. 14.5 20p or 21p 3blade cant tell the 1 is rubbed off alittle .runs w,o,t at 6000rpm,at 60mph with 4 people. it runs 1000rpms for every 10 mph . but when pulling a kid wakeborder it starts to run hot.tried a lazerII 21p but would not come out of the hole

Kim Hanson
    I think the rpms are way down to me, Im not a Merc guy though..........( . )( . )..............

bob briley
    i was told that was redline 6000

Tom Brown
    6000 is about as far as I'd want to push a stock BlackMax. Some people revv them faster and don't seem to have any trouble but I think the redline on that engine is 5500.
    Is the engine on a jack plate? If it's really high, you will have trouble towing unless you lower the jack.
    The speed number sounds a wee bit low. What type of prop?

bob briley
    no jack plate,ss prop but no name on it.center is 4" to 5"under

Kim Hanson
    6000 is about as far as I'd want to push a stock BlackMax. Some people revv them faster and don't seem to have any trouble but I think the redline on that engine is 5500.
    Is the engine on a jack plate? If it's really high, you will have trouble towing unless you lower the jack.
    The speed number sounds a wee bit low. What type of prop?
    Tom, shit I rev my Rude out of the hole to like 7000? Funny with the towing chit though ...........( . )( . )..........

bob briley
    mine wont go 7000 , 6200 was max

bordsmnj
    Bob were you out on elsinore this weekend? just curious

bob briley
    no too busy to go river this weekend

bob briley
    going to the river