Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highway ?

SUBPRIME
    is there anything you can do when your on the freeway and there's some guy in a truck or semi and it looks like they just are hauling gravel, and a rock off thier truck flies up and hit's your windshield and leaves a little star or a crack. is there anything you can do (within the law that is)?

Jyruiz
    Get the license plate and talk to your insurance, some will cover it and bill the trucking company, it all depends on your policy.

robk
    Saw a situation like this in a column in the paper a few weeks back. CHP said to call in the plate number and/or some ID number (on the door of the truck) and if possible, "loosely" tail the truck until CHP catches up.
    Also a good idea to get any relevant ID numbers on the truck and a company name to contact.
    Rob

Hardly Satisfied
    this happened to a buddy of mine . he called 911 for chp wrote all of the trucks info down followed the truck while on the phone with chp till they got there and pulled the truck over and did a report.

lucky
    flying rocks off of trucks are considered Road hazards , UNLESS the trailer doesn't have a mudflap , and you have a pic of it ( gotta love camera phones ) Depends on the company !
    Or a Rock / gravel truck that is not Tarpped - once again a pic is worth a thousand words -- If you see a truck on the road and it happens - better get the name date location - Unit # trailer # Mothers maiden name - Drivers licence - fathers ,brothers wife/girlfriends name - a card frome your lawyer and a priest from mahab !
    good luck with that --

SUBPRIME
    what about regular trucks that just look dirty as hell, not just semi's
    does the same apply?

BRAWNY
    yes it does apply.im in the trucking industry,these trucks and drivers are responsible for any damages if it came off or from their truck.get as much info from truck and call it in.

dmontzsta
    You used to be able to do that. But people started taking down plate numbers and cashing in on the new windshield a little too much (even if the truck did not do it) so it is a lot different now, it will be harder to get it covered. I think they just consider it a road hazard.

79Challenger
    This happened to me on the 15 in Temecula. Pulled up next to the guy, pointed at my windshield (with a growing crack), then pointed at his truck. He pointed to the shoulder. We both pulled over. He gave me a card and told me to talk to his office. Called the office and the nice young lady tells me how sorry she is and to send us the bill. Went to my buddies glass shop and he invoiced them directly.

NeedlesNut
    This happened to us but we hit the ramp of a car hauler, jacked up the car and the trailer but couldn't find the culprit so just had to eat it.... over 1000.00 in damage but not worth filing a claim w/insurance cuz just gonna raise my rates....sucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast