Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Contractors.....Have A Question??

Brian Ray
    Any contractors or people that have recently had a garage built.......
    I'm looking at putting a 30' in length X 20' in width garage in the back of our house.....what can I expect to pay per sqft?? I've got some calls out to some local contractors. I'm not planning on doing anything special......I was thinking maybe $100sqft. or is that too low?? I'll have the garage match the house so it will have a tile roof....probably adds to the cost? Just looking for ball park.
    -Brian

spectratoad
    Mine gets built next month. It is 24'x36'. It will have nine foot walls, scissor truss for extra clearance with 8' clearance on the door. It is costing me $21k. That is in Northern Nevada area (Reno). What does that come to...about 25/sf??? :idea:

SummitKarl
    Any contractors or people that have recently had a garage built.......
    I'm looking at putting a 30' in length X 20' in width garage in the back of our house.....what can I expect to pay per sqft?? I've got some calls out to some local contractors. I'm not planning on doing anything special......I was thinking maybe $100sqft. or is that too low?? I'll have the garage match the house so it will have a tile roof....probably adds to the cost? Just looking for ball park.
    -Brian
    Hi Brian,
    I am architect in Lake Havsu, and in this neck of the woods we charge around $55-$60 per sqft depending on the height of the walls and what type roof, that $100 per sq ft is way off... thats a finished out house with upper end options, like granite tops and such, hope that helps

Nate56
    I was about to say I'll drive over there and do it for $60 sq ft.. $100 a sq ft is a little off.. I guess it's one way to pay off someone's crack habits..HAHAA

Mandelon
    When we did em a few years ago $45 was the norm, but things have gone was up in the past few years so $60 ought to be right. 9 foot walls, trusses, sheeted and good shingles. (Tile might be more) Finished interior, drywall paint, lights, standard slab, outlets and lights....

Brian Ray
    Well, thanks for all the info....I guess my est. was WAY off. At least now I have a better idea as to what to budget....$30K sounds a h*ll of a lot better than $60K.

Brian Ray
    Mine gets built next month. It is 24'x36'. It will have nine foot walls, scissor truss for extra clearance with 8' clearance on the door. It is costing me $21k. That is in Northern Nevada area (Reno). What does that come to...about 25/sf??? :idea:
    That's a deal.... It would be nice to get one done "right" for $25/sqft. but I'm thinking it would cost more here in CA. For some reason everything in CA costs more......

spectratoad
    It is just the shell though. No electrical, inside finish etc... Seems like a good deal still though. I just want a shop to work in. The builder has a good rep.

Rev. Williams
    That's a deal.... It would be nice to get one done "right" for $25/sqft. but I'm thinking it would cost more here in CA. For some reason everything in CA costs more......
    Just have it left unfinished inside and do that yourself. The drywall and basic electrical is so frikin easy. I'd never pay someone to do something that easy!!! Keep the money in your pocket and out of the illegals that will most likely be hired to do it!!!

Dawn Patrol
    closer to $41 per sf.
    I was quoted $160 per sf to add 900 sf second story to my house here in SoCal, I just about sh$t! Needless to say I'll be doing it on my own.
    Brian Ray,
    Just be the general yourself. You have a few things to deal with, but it will save you a ton of dough. I just started the first of 2 additions to my house. So far so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast