Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all California Performance boats

LS7
    First Gulwwing was a "Youngblood"

TX19
    The TX19 was originated by Jim Youngblood when he worked for Apollo Boats near Little Rock, Ark. in the late 60's or early 70's.
    The TX19 was originally a high sided bass boat with a Jacuzzi jet pump and a BBC. Jim raced the boat in circle races and outran everthing on the water. The boat was an ugly S.O.B. and was often referred to as that ugly S.O.B. that outran me. Jim later lowered the sides of the TX19 and started Youngblood boats. He sold a lot of TX19's along with 18's and a couple of pickle forks. Most of his boats were very light. One story goes that he laminated a 2x6 stringer, then pulled the wood out for weight reduction. People say that Jim Youngboold said he built his hulls thin so they would not crack.
    No one is sure of Jim Youngblood's whereabouts now, but the last anyone heard he was near Monroe, La. building model boats. I understand many creditors would like to know his location.
    Further history for TX19's could come from Neal Clark who was part of Apollo and I understand lives in Arkansas. Neal should be easier to find than Jim.
    The Texas Tunnel (Texas Performance Marine ?)was a TX19 splash that was built by Earl Smith in a goat shed near El Paso, Texas. The Texas Tunnel had straight up and down sides instead of slanted like the TX19 and the sides were cut down somewhat lower than the TX19, but the bottom was the same. Texas Tunnel was started in the mid 70's.
    There were several other TX19 splashes in Texas in the mid 70's to early 80's. One was Sundancer in San Antonio (my TX19 is an '82 Sundancer), Jim Sadler Custom Boats in Killeen, and another TX19 splash was built in Lubbock.
    I am not sure where California Performance fits in. I think they came along about the time Youngblood Boats sank.
    I hope this post jogs some other senior squirt boaters memories and they can add to the history lesson for the TX19.

AGGRESSOR JETS
    AGGRESSOR JETS NOW HAS THE MOLDS AND PRODUCED 3 UNITS OF THE GTX -WHICH IS TAKEN OFF THE TX17 (16'9")AND RE-DESIGNED BY GRIMES-RE MODIFIED AND NEW DECK BY ALLUSION BOATS A AGGRESSOR START UP COMPANY FOR AFFORDABLE JET BOATS Originally posted by TX19:
    The TX19 was originated by Jim Youngblood when he worked for Apollo Boats near Little Rock, Ark. in the late 60's or early 70's.
    The TX19 was originally a high sided bass boat with a Jacuzzi jet pump and a BBC. Jim raced the boat in circle races and outran everthing on the water. The boat was an ugly S.O.B. and was often referred to as that ugly S.O.B. that outran me. Jim later lowered the sides of the TX19 and started Youngblood boats. He sold a lot of TX19's along with 18's and a couple of pickle forks. Most of his boats were very light. One story goes that he laminated a 2x6 stringer, then pulled the wood out for weight reduction. People say that Jim Youngboold said he built his hulls thin so they would not crack.
    No one is sure of Jim Youngblood's whereabouts now, but the last anyone heard he was near Monroe, La. building model boats. I understand many creditors would like to know his location.
    Further history for TX19's could come from Neal Clark who was part of Apollo and I understand lives in Arkansas. Neal should be easier to find than Jim.
    The Texas Tunnel (Texas Performance Marine ?)was a TX19 splash that was built by Earl Smith in a goat shed near El Paso, Texas. The Texas Tunnel had straight up and down sides instead of slanted like the TX19 and the sides were cut down somewhat lower than the TX19, but the bottom was the same. Texas Tunnel was started in the mid 70's.
    There were several other TX19 splashes in Texas in the mid 70's to early 80's. One was Sundancer in San Antonio (my TX19 is an '82 Sundancer), Jim Sadler Custom Boats in Killeen, and another TX19 splash was built in Lubbock.
    I am not sure where California Performance fits in. I think they came along about the time Youngblood Boats sank.
    I hope this post jogs some other senior squirt boaters memories and they can add to the history lesson for the TX19.

Blown509Liberator
    I hope affordable does not mean cheep build. with this type of hull speed is easy.
    long term experience with aggressor part has not been favorable. I bought a Droop from a guy who bought it from Teddy (CBMJet) it was never used a came with a Place diverted. The droop has not faired well the Steering pivot holes are longitude and the cup for the nozzle has worn tremulously to a point where the nozzles will eats O-ring and will not seal and has blow by
    MikeW
    PS this is only the 3 season on this part
    [This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited August 06, 2001).]

wrightnow
    AGGRESSOR JETS is there a web site for the new company? I would like to see what your upto and what it looks like.

AGGRESSOR JETS
    Blown509Liberator
    Any Aggressor Dealer can replace your part.IE:Ted @CBM- on a 2nd hand part not sure what you have-Droops have had 3 redesigns on flow , angle of exit and thickness. Talk to Ted/CBM or call Dave @888-246-5075
    (edited August 06, 2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

AGGRESSOR JETS
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by wrightnow:
    Tom @ Jet Boat Performance just put one together Look on his Boats for sale-http://jetboatperformance.com Aggressor will be showing 2 more shortly V6 & Small Block versions in 2-3 weeks http://aggressorjetdrives.com -Unit is planned to be available in stage's for builders. Jim Brock (Cyclone Speed & Marine)has ran one out of his stable with race deck which ran consistent 110-112MPH.
    I can "E"mail more Pic's Dave-Aggressor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12