Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody use a Quad to move your boat around????

Raisin Wake
    Anybody use a quad to move your boat around? I'm looking for something to move my boat to the side of the house. It's a tight fit and on grass. Will a quad handle this?

WILD LAVEY
    or you can put a hitch on the front of you rig.

Raisin Wake
    or you can put a hitch on the front of you rig.
    i've been looking in to that. i'll have to get a custom reciever. I was thinking that a quad might be even more manuverable. A front hitch is still an option.

Kindsvater Flat
    I have pulled mine 4 miles to the river. Don't bother me. Its a suzuki king quad. I can get it up to around 40 mph. This pic is CharityCase lauching Mr T's boat at CFW.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery...normal_mrt.jpg

Red Horse
    Used to do it all the time pulling a 18 foot Glastron with a yamaha timberwolf 250!! Only problem was stopping

Raisin Wake
    How beefy would the quad have to be to move a 22' Eliminnator? i was looking at a Honda Fourtrax or something like that.

Danhercules
    Golf cart. My neighbor launches his at the river with it. He even stole my boat one day teaching me a lesson. Swiped my boat with is golf cart.

Kindsvater Flat
    How beefy would the quad have to be to move a 22' Eliminnator? i was looking at a Honda Fourtrax or something like that.
    I would look into some of the bigger Polaris quads. They have come a long way in the last few years.
    Contact CharityCase on the boards. He sells bikes. Could throw out a Hot Boat member discount.

Mrs.charitycase
    Polaris makes a Sportsman 800 EFI. They are awesome. The run $8599. We are down to one. They sell quick. It is the biggest cc out there right now.
    http://pi54.com//atv/gallery/sprtmn800_intro_large.jpg
    http://pi54.com//atv/gallery/sprtmn800_rear_L.jpg

Tahiti350
    I use my 19 hp Craftsman mower to move my boat around in the yard , but wouldn't try launching with it. There's not enough weight to it, I have to make a run at the small hill in the yard to keep things moving forward :jawdrop: .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast