Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gearing/Prop Questions

franky
    OK,
    So I have a Schiada 21RC, 844 HP 468 Blower motor. the V-Drive currently has 50 gears. I have a set of 36 and two props to try: 11 3/4 x 16 and a 11 1/4 15 Menkons. Where do I start? BTW, no 1st gear.
    Thanks in advance for the help. Franky

Kindsvater Flat
    Big gear, little prop but I'm guessing little gear, little prop.

GofastRacer
    OK, Where do I start? BTW, no 1st gear.
    Thanks in advance for the help. Franky
    You start with what you have on it now and go from there!..What's wrong with the current setup??.

olbiezer
    i am thinking u need to sell me the 11 1/4 x 15 and use what u got lol

franky
    You start with what you have on it now and go from there!..What's wrong with the current setup??.
    Thanks for stating the obvious. Might as well start with something in the range or reality. 50's, so which prop? However if I am wasting my time with the tall gears, I want to change out now.

GofastRacer
    Thanks for stating the obvious. Might as well start with something in the range or reality. 50's, so which prop? However if I am wasting my time with the tall gears, I want to change out now.
    You're not wasting time, try what you have and see what happens maybe the motor isn't what you think it is?????, Only takes 5 minutes to change props!..

superdave013
    50's sound pretty steep for a 468" deal. But if it was me and those were my 2 choices I'd prolly give what evers in the box a spin first.
    Props, well you can get 2 props that are so called the same and they seem to work different. So it's back to ya just gotta run 'em both.

franky
    Big gear, little prop but I'm guessing little gear, little prop.
    Thanks
    Any one else?

franky
    50's sound pretty steep for a 468" deal. But if it was me and those were my 2 choices I'd prolly give what evers in the box a spin first.
    Props, well you can get 2 props that are so called the same and they seem to work different. So it's back to ya just gotta run 'em both.
    I was thinkin they may be steep. The guy (EZE) I bough the Schiada from had a 1,100 HP twin turbo deal. 25% more power. If I am wasting my time with the 50's I want to change now so I am starting with a more realistic setup. But....new to this and lookin for input.

Kindsvater Flat
    FYI but J540 would probably take those 50's off your hand if you don't need them or end up not using them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast