Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Should I bring the band to OP6C?

clownpuncher
    I was thinking of having the band that plays at our restaurant come out for OP6C. They play classic rock and newer stuff like Match Box 20, Sublime etc. After talking to a couple of board members and getting good responses I decided to poll the rest of y'all.
    My idea was to get a pontoon boat anchored off at the lower sand bar. Have the band set up on the tooner and let em play for us. All I'd need to do was rent the boat from somewhere and buy a generator (always needed one anyhow).
    If the poll indicates that the vast majority would like it then I'll move forward. If most would rather not have a band then no biggee.
    This of course will be pending until I get full permission from the authorities. Boatcop?

riverbound
    If I can help in any way, let me know.

Ziggy
    Ah ha, I figured the Generator fit in there somewhere.

Waldo
    I think it's a good idea. Then you wouldn't have eveyone's stereos drowning out everyone's stereos.
    All the announcements/prizes/competitions/etc. could broadcast on the tooner boat too.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I think its a kickass idea! :rollside:

clownpuncher
    I think it's a good idea. Then you wouldn't have eveyone's stereos drowning out everyone's stereos.
    All the announcements/prizes/competitions/etc. could broadcast on the tooner boat too.
    Actually, that's the same thing I was thinking. We have lots of killer systems amongst the board members. I can imagine what it'd be like trying to compete for sound. Never did think about the announcement deal. Good plan

ROZ
    I think the problem is that it's beginning to look more like an event rather than just a bunch of peeps showing up in the same location by coinsidence and having a party... I think ya need permits for all that other stuff....

HOSS
    Can I vote? :messedup:

Krumbsnatcher
    I was thinking of having the band that plays at our restaurant come out for OP6C. They play classic rock, newer stuff like Match Box 20, Sublime etc. After talking to a couple of board members and getting good responses I decided to poll the rest of y'all.
    My idea was to get a pontoon boat anchored off at the lower sand bar. Have the band set up on the tooner and let em play for us. All I'd need to do was rent the boat from somewhere and buy a generator (always needed one anyhow).
    If the poll indicates that the vast majority would like it then I'll move forward. If most would rather not have a band then no biggee.
    This of course will be pending until I get full permission from the authorities. Boatcop?
    You will get cited if you start playing a band without a permit, just like you will get ticketed if you sell stuff at the sandbar.

clownpuncher
    If all it's gonna take is a permit than I'll gladly pay that. As far as an event? That's C.R.I.T. PD roll area. Couple more phone calls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast