Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roz....

WaTchTheGelCoat
    Martin Logan anyone??

1stepcloser
    I'm going to put the JL5005 and Boston Pro 8's from the 4Runner in my truck and run it as a 3 way amp!
    Ahhh, very nice. You still have the Infinitys in the truck?

ROZ
    Ahhh, very nice. You still have the Infinitys in the truck?
    In the last year I have run Infinity, Boston Acoustics, MB Quart, and currently Polk front door speakers... I'll have to run the new Boston Pros if and when I get the pickup stereo running...

ROZ
    Martin Logan anyone??Take your pick!
    http://www.martinlogan.com/nav/speak...ery_r01_c3.gif

1stepcloser
    Ok, I have a question.
    Using the Utopia's without the crossovers; The bass and midrange drivers will be fine with the power @ 85w and 75w respectively. I am concerned about the tweeter being unfiltered though. Will it be ok without it's crossover?

ROZ
    Ok, I have a question.
    Using the Utopia's without the crossovers; The bass and midrange drivers will be fine with the power @ 85w and 75w respectively. I am concerned about the tweeter being unfiltered though. Will it be ok without it's crossover?
    It won't be unfiltered... you have a great signal from your headunit going into a seriously sq amp tha offers you more crosover options than you know what to do with... Should I grab an RTA? We should have a few here i can borrow... ... After everything is installed, a tone sweep will be necessary to find every single rattle inside the truck... Gotta fix thems

1stepcloser
    It won't be unfiltered... you have a great signal from your headunit going into a seriously sq amp tha offers you more crosover options than you know what to do with. OK.
    Should I grab an RTA? We should have a few here i can borrow... Sure!
    After everything is installed, a tone sweep will be necessary to find every single rattle inside the truck... Gotta fix thems That will be fun. Hopefully a couple of boxes of Dynamat will minimize the pain..., Know anywhere to get a tone disc?

ROZ
    That will be fun. Hopefully a couple of boxes of Dynamat will minimize the pain..., Know anywhere to get a tone disc?you want the Iasca disc or a sweep at +12db?

1stepcloser
    Morning!
    The IASCA disc, of course. I need to call you today. Whens good?

ROZ
    Anytime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12