Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift/wheels/tires for '05 Tahoe Z71????

MOBrien
    2005 Tahoe Z71-----
    looking to maybe do a gentle lift and rims/tires.
    Any suggestions?

Wonderboy
    Just don't do anything ProComp!!!!

MOBrien
    why is that?...do tell.

tahitijet
    I'll agree with wonderboy here.. We actually don't do anything 4wheel part/trans america. at least in the lift department. I have fixed my fair share of broken 4-6" pro-comp, and super lifts and these were on street only trucks.

Wonderboy
    I'll agree with wonderboy here.. We actually don't do anything 4wheel part/trans america. at least in the lift department. I have fixed my fair share of broken 4-6" pro-comp, and super lifts and these were on street only trucks.
    That's what I've heard from anyone who's ever owned a pro-comp lift. They always break.

XtrmWakeborder
    cst or rcd are what i have been told.

RidinRed
    CSD & RCD are 6" minimum lift though, is this correct? other options are Fabech which gets their share of bad lip and about 5". Or Rancho, which is probably most expensive but only 4" kit. Anyone wanna chime in with my thought process? I am looking at the same things for the Avalanche.

XtrmWakeborder
    If i remember correctly rcd is 6 in front and 4 in back and cst is 8 in front and 6 in back. If you want 35's you can go any lower than 6" with a suspension lift.

slingingsmoke
    If i remember correctly rcd is 6 in front and 4 in back and cst is 8 in front and 6 in back. If you want 35's you can go any lower than 6" with a suspension lift.
    I second the notion. Take it from someone who knows!
    Friends don't let friends buy Procomp, Fabteck, almost everything sold @ 4-wheel parts.
    Stick w/ CST or RCD. and definitely dont go less than 6" to run 35" tires. Also set aside at least $500.00 to re-gear the rear end. Unless you want to fork out a couple of grand for a new tranny in 15,000 miles.
    JON.

MOBrien
    Since this is my wife's daily driver and we've got very little kids (3 and under), I'm actually thiniking that I just want to beef this thing up MILDLY. I can't make it too tough for her to get the kids in & out or else she'll kick my arse. The 6" lift and 35's is probably overboard for her taste. Any advice on a more mellow direction that will give it a healthier stance?
    As for the gearing and tranny issue....I opted to find one with 4.10's and it does have a tranny cooler....
    Thanks!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast