Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lift/wheels/tires for '05 Tahoe Z71????

RidinRed
    Granted 4WP isn't known for the best shtuff on the market. I have had 2 K3500's w/ their kits, 1 fabtech & 1 ProComp. Both were fine when i sold them w/ over 120k miles. now if this something for offroad at speed (i.e. Desert running) you better look somewhere else. As a daily driver for the lady I think it is not a bad choice. Plus i ask which one RCD or CST you have to swap drive lines in the front for another $800+-?

RAW DEAL
    be careful. most 05 suv come with stabilitrac. if you have this i would not recomend lifting it. check with all of the susension manufactures on this. they will tell you dont do it. they say dont even change tire size. i know shops out there will install it not knowing what the f they are doing. know two peeps with major problems after lifting. going around off ramps and brakes apply automaticly.early 05's might not have it if they were ordered in 04. but after that stabilitrac is standard on all suvs.

XtrmWakeborder
    Granted 4WP isn't known for the best shtuff on the market. I have had 2 K3500's w/ their kits, 1 fabtech & 1 ProComp. Both were fine when i sold them w/ over 120k miles. now if this something for offroad at speed (i.e. Desert running) you better look somewhere else. As a daily driver for the lady I think it is not a bad choice. Plus i ask which one RCD or CST you have to swap drive lines in the front for another $800+-?
    I think cst requires the lengthened driveline...rcd doesnt. You could always go for a 3" body lift.... i've heard of overheating problems because the airflow is restricted to the radiator when you body lift it. But it may not be the case

slingingsmoke
    be careful. most 05 suv come with stabilitrac. if you have this i would not recomend lifting it. check with all of the susension manufactures on this. they will tell you dont do it. they say dont even change tire size. i know shops out there will install it not knowing what the f they are doing. know two peeps with major problems after lifting. going around off ramps and brakes apply automaticly.early 05's might not have it if they were ordered in 04. but after that stabilitrac is standard on all suvs.
    VERY good point..

4DAY4PLAY
    In January I lifted my wifes 05 suburban 2500. I went with a 4" CST spindle lift, and run 285's. BFG A/T...with 17" chrome helos(same as frenchies new wheels) mild lift but looks good. I will try to post pics.. lift/wheels/tires cost me about $2500 OTD...at carli suspension on Orange, who i would highly recommend...PM me if you have any questions...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12