Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How fast is fast--at Anna

Jim W
    Hi all,
    just wondering what kind of top end to expect from the faster boats that will show up at Anna in 5-weeks?
    More interested in V-driver's speeds,
    but ok--- :rollside: jets also LOL!!!
    Also, how is LE going to be about noise???
    Be good--& fast--- Jim

737jetmech
    The speeds in the previous years range from 50 to 140 . After watching a few grudge races you can figure out the boats that could be a competitive run for ya.

Jim W
    140--- wow I am impressed!!!
    Oh wait a minute--- are those E-bay boat's???
    Everyone know's how fast those are!!! LOL
    jetmech---what about, noise problem's???
    Be good, Jim

Big Boys Toy PE857
    Possibly 4 v drive hydros that have been clocked in the quarter mile at 7.50 sec. @ 150 mph+ on IHBA, ADBA, SLDBA, and KDBA timing equipment, (pre 7.70 disqualification) just from my area. Maybe more and maybe faster stuff coming that I'm unaware of. Are you guys bringing any heavy metal down South with you?

737jetmech
    Be good, Jim
    The first year the local law enforcement was sitting just outside the (Light House )marina. Several guys got tickets (no muffers).
    Maybe some of the locals can chime in here. Last year I didn't see any body have any problems for running loud boats.

HammerDown
    At Anna...baffels = good.
    Tickets from the water cops = bad.

hydro066
    Be good, Jim
    You're funny, Jim.
    It seems you know the difference between actual speed and "advertised speed". See you at Anna?
    John

Jim W
    Possibly 4 v drive hydros that have been clocked in the quarter mile at 7.50 sec. @ 150 mph+ on IHBA, ADBA, SLDBA, and KDBA timing equipment, (pre 7.70 disqualification) just from my area. Maybe more and maybe faster stuff coming that I'm unaware of. Are you guys bringing any heavy metal down South with you?
    Heavy metal???
    Nope--- my old Cat D-8, 13 A is stayin right here in NY
    Be good, heavy Jim LOL

Liquid Invader
    Jim,
    You have already gotten posts from two of those bad boys. Those guys are fast. I think i'll take the pontoon boat and watch them run. I hope you make the trip, you will have a blast. Great bunch of people and loads of beautiful hot rod boats. For a die hard hot boater, it is a dream come true. :rollside:
    ceya there,

hydro066
    Jim,
    You have already gotten posts from two of those bad boys. Those guys are fast. I think i'll take the pontoon boat and watch them run. I hope you make the trip, you will have a blast. Great bunch of people and loads of beautiful hot rod boats. For a die hard hot boater, it is a dream come true. :rollside:
    ceya there,
    Correction...I think you just made it three, buddy-boy.
    And besides, how are you going to find a pontoon boat at such short notice? You're running out of time. Just remember you and Jim (Big Boy) are supposed to be in Florida this weekend to "collect" my junk to bring back to WV, so that doesn't leave you much time to hunt for one.
    Seriously Jim, If you come down, you'll spend the weekend with some of the best people you'll ever meet and see some beatiful and fast boats. I'm sure you'll love it.
    Later,
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast