Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Register trailer in Calif or AZ?

SDLifesaver
    You can't register a trailer or motor vehicle in AZ unless you have a AZ driver license. You have to surrender your CA license to get the AZ license. No worky. Boat in AZ, but rates are going to raise soon and trailer in CA. CA has a new thing a few years ago that trailers are every 5 years now. Hope this helps a little.

franky
    You can't register a trailer or motor vehicle in AZ unless you have a AZ driver license. You have to surrender your CA license to get the AZ license. No worky. Boat in AZ, but rates are going to raise soon and trailer in CA. CA has a new thing a few years ago that trailers are every 5 years now. Hope this helps a little.
    Thats funny, I registered two of my vehicles in AZ and had a CA drivers license at the time. Did have a SECOND home here though.
    Also, when you get a Permanent Registration in AZ, it is one fee for the lifetime. In CA, Permanent has to be paid every five years.
    Guess CA DMV doesn't understand the fricken english language.

phebus
    I live in Ca. and have both my boat and trailer registered in AZ. It's no problem, and has no residency requirements.
    What you can't do, is have a drivers license in both states. I think that what Nick is referring to. If you wanted an AZ. drivers license, you would have to surrender your CA license.
    Vehicles and trailers are no problem to register in AZ. Boats must be done through the Game and Fish Dept., while trailers must be done at the DMV. Do not register your trailer in AZ., if you plan on bringing it back to CA. Only register it there, if it is going to stay there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12