Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Racers ... Designers/Fabricators ... Who

UBFJ #454
    Gets the most satification from their efforts in Drag Boat Racing?
    Anyone care to share their thoughts?

Wicked Performance Boats
    I think anybody that is successfull in what they do, being a part of racing, has to be proud of their part in the total picture. After all, we know it take many and alot of effort to be competive. Budlight

*BN*
    Back in the day 70's when my dad raced with the "Family Drag" boat group the fastest he ran was 85mph. (Back then they raced mph brackets).
    My Goal was to go 90+. Achieved it the 2nd trip out to the NJBA drags.
    I'm satisfied I kicked the old man's arse, FOR ONCE! :supp:

Wicked Performance Boats
    Good job, it only took you 30 yrs Budlight

steelcomp
    I've always enjoyed the design and build of the project. Striving for excellence, achieving the goal set before hand, testing my limitations. Solving problems, doing R&D. Usually a personal challange, for me. Driving and racing were (still are) just ways to test and prove the ideas and/or methods. The results are what matter to me, and if one of those results is winning a race, even better, but I learned a long time ago...there's always someone faster, or who has more money.
    What's behind the question, Jack?

*BN*
    Good job, it only took you 30 yrs Budlight
    Not quite, the boat sat for 17 years.
    When I took possession the motor was rebuilt, the pump got the magic. A couple trips to the river and 2 events did it.
    My guess is 60 days after the re-build. :rollside:

Wicked Performance Boats
    Not quite, the boat sat for 17 years.
    When I took possession the motor was rebuilt, the pump got the magic. A couple trips to the river and 2 events did it.
    My guess is 60 days. :rollside:
    Just busting your balls, no ill will intended. it was the first thing to come to mind. sorry, sometimes my mouth[fingers] get me in trouble. Budlight

bigkatboat
    When I was young, driving and being the 'hero' was the best part. Then I "got wet" 3 times and had to step back and take in the bigger picture. I went to work on the reasons why my boats flipped, and corrected all of the errors. Testing, testing, testing.... I know I'm not smarter, I just worked like hell for the correct answers. 25 years later, 18 boats with 33 high points championships, (16 different drivers/owners) and not one ever got wet. I enjoy going to the parties and reunions, talking with all of the 'Heros', and knowing I helped them and didn't hurt them. I feel that working to improve and keeping a cool attitude go a long way. Just when you think you got it all figured out, BANG. It bites you in the ass! "There are old racers, and there are bold racers, but there are NO OLD BOLD RACERS!" Keep the shiney side up!

Jet Hydro
    I`d have to say the guy that does it all

*BN*
    Just busting your balls, no ill will intended. it was the first thing to come to mind. sorry, sometimes my mouth[fingers] get me in trouble. Budlight
    Sorry for the late response, you couldn't have been busting my balls.............because my wife had them for the past hour. :eat:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast