Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Question: 4 Oversize Boats On The River

V-DRIVES RULE
    I have been boating on the colorado river 4 30 years i have a 24 spectra. Why is the TREND to bring these OCEANLINERS to the river and swamp most small boats? you cant get in and out of them, you cant ski,you cant turn around on plane on the widest part of the river there to BIG for such A SMALL WATERWAY! And why would anybody want to tow those big PIGS 300+ miles when the ocean is so close and so big that they were made for?Also a cat runing a hundred + on HAVAZU is dangerous i dont get it? 1/2 a million doller boats to hang out in the channel? I would be burning up the ocean! Oh i forgot it takes experiance to drive on the ocean fast! theres a lotta second mortgages floating around HAVAZU! Its geting way to CROWDED ! i like when im coming back up river back to needles around 6 pm and all the retards that have been drinking all day at the sandbar with 10 people hanging out of the boat and its firewalled 10 abreast and i have to run in the reeds to go upriver! yeah im geting a 42 fountain to cruise to the sandbar what a joke oh wait IM COOL! I saw a 38 cigg at needles a month ago WHY? I would love to tow a 38 all the way to the river that sounds like fun NOT! the trend is bigger boats on SMALL waterways! not a bash just wondering why! if i had an ocean boat i could'nt wait to hit the OCEAN way more fun running the swells to san diego and back ! Also a month ago i saw a 40 foot yellow skater canopied race boat at TOPOCK HUH!! oh well im sure ill get a response in here.

lucky
    I have been boating on the colorado river 4 30 years i have a 24 spectra. Why is the TREND to bring these OCEANLINERS to the river and swamp most small boats? you cant get in and out of them, you cant ski,you cant turn around on plane on the widest part of the river there to BIG for such A SMALL WATERWAY! And why would anybody want to tow those big PIGS 300+ miles when the ocean is so close and so big that they were made for?Also a cat runing a hundred + on HAVAZU is dangerous i dont get it? 1/2 a million doller boats to hang out in the channel? I would be burning up the ocean! Oh i forgot it takes experiance to drive on the ocean fast! theres a lotta second mortgages floating around HAVAZU! Its geting way to CROWDED ! i like when im coming back up river back to needles around 6 pm and all the retards that have been drinking all day at the sandbar with 10 people hanging out of the boat and its firewalled 10 abreast and i have to run in the reeds to go upriver! yeah im geting a 42 fountain to cruise to the sandbar what a joke oh wait IM COOL! I saw a 38 cigg at needles a month ago WHY? I would love to tow a 38 all the way to the river that sounds like fun NOT! the trend is bigger boats on SMALL waterways! not a bash just wondering why! if i had an ocean boat i could'nt wait to hit the OCEAN way more fun running the swells to san diego and back ! Also a month ago i saw a 40 foot yellow skater canopied race boat at TOPOCK HUH!! oh well im sure ill get a response in here.
    i bet the 18 footers say the same about you

V-DRIVES RULE
    Oh look everybody its the VILLAGE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave C
    last time I was there. Havasu resembled the ocean in the afternoon.
    So if it looks, feels and sounds like an ocean why not bring an oceanliner.
    BTW why do you ask? Size-envy of something? :notam:

Panic Button
    Because I can...

Havasu_Dreamin
    Last time I checked, the only size restriction on Havasu was a 36 ft length for the channel. If you've got that much of a problem about bigger boats, work to get the laws changed, until then, you just have to live with it. No use bitching/whining about people engaging in a legal activity.

lucky
    yea i'm the idiot -- wern't the 24's off shore boat ????? jeeeezzzz so what your saying is your the original idiot that started the trend towards larger boats at the zoo -- your a putzzzzz :wink:

V-DRIVES RULE
    Hey dickwad also known as Spunky! 24 day crusier low deck low freeboard ok spunk guzzler!! yeh size envy thats it? big boat bigger dick got it!!

lucky
    Hey dickwad also known as Spunky! 24 day crusier low deck low freeboard ok spunk guzzler!! yeh size envy thats it? big boat bigger dick got it!!
    UMM - CHUNKY MONKEY - MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT SPRECTRA BRENTS SITE AND LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL ADVERTISEMENTS -- :coffeycup

cole13
    I really do not know how to respond to this with out getting the S*%t kicked out of me, or worse a swammped boat, but here it goes!
    Just one story to start this off. Cruzing with my wife and her sister from topock to the sand bar. Right around 3000 RPMs. for me that is about 25-30 mph, on the CA side of the river basically running in the reeds. Ahead of me a 40 Skater 10 people on board heading from the Sand Bar to Topock, running the reeds on the CA side as well. Well it is up to me to give way to this boat doing well over 80 so I put my boat in the reeds nose first, put it in nutural and watch this a$$hole go right in front of my bow, if he did not hit bottom I do not know how. Then he has the gull to turn around and stop the boat and he and his buddies start getting on the bow of thier boat calling me out. Mind you I am with my wife and her sister, stuck in the reeds because this guy did not know how to drive. (Maybe it was my fault for not beaching my boat???)
    So that is where I feel I have first hand knowledge of these guys in thier big boats with second mortgages going out and buying thier first boat and running the little guys over, either because they can not see you, or think they own the river. Mind you there are many guys that do have respect and this is probably just one in a thousand that would do this. However it did happen and scared the s*&t out of me.
    My thinking of this whole my boat is bigger then yours is one, the housing market has gone through the roof and people are looking for toys. Two, the reason these guys are not going into the ocean is because thier boat was not designed to go in the ocean, they were built for places like Havasu. Three, It actually takes some skill to drive an 18 ft boat, and they do not want to take the time to learn. There is absolutly no reason for a 30 ft or bigger to be on the river.
    The thing that gets me is that you know these guys are not skiing, boarding, or tubing, so what are they doing? They are getting drunk in the Channel with thier friends, then taking thier second mortage up river as fast as they can go, without any regards to what might happen. Now there are some that will say I have a DD, well that is great how long has he/she been driving your boat. I know for a fact that I would not let anyone else drive my boat, because they do not know how to do it. So unless you are taking your DD on every trip with you, how the heck to do they know how to drive your boat.
    Just venting and I really hope I do not offend anyone, but this just has to regulated somehow. Now some people are going to say if you do not like it leave. Well that is what my wife and I did, and I will tell you this. I do not have to deal with newbies where we go.
    Oh and one last thing, why would any smart consumer refi thier house to buy a depreciating asset. DO YOU WANT TO BE BROKE? Just my opinon!!

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast