Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic Deck vs. Conquest Deck

RiverOtter
    time off of work
    :notam: Now that's some funny stuff Nashville :notam:

famaffair
    [ My top pick would have been the Cobra Python....but I NEVER do business with people like that. Never, ever...which ever one is longer.[/Q
    Bad attitude or what's the deal?

Broke_Richard!
    Have a 2002 Top Cat. Can't say enough positvie things about Keith, Mike and Jody. When we were building ours the design didn't turn out exactly like I planned. When we went to see it out of the mold for the first time they could tell I wasn't totally excited about the boat. An hour later I got a call and Mike told me he knew how I felt. He gave me the option to continue with this boat and have it in 3 weeks or they had a mold ready and start over and wait 6 weeks. We started over the next day and they used the original one for a demo boat.
    I am delivering my boat to the person whom bought it on Sat 11th. 2002 Top Cat I Walk thru with 500 hp. with 70 hours sold it for $2500.00 less than what I paid for it.
    Buying a New Boss Cat!!
    Good Luck, but I know what I would do...

little rowe boat
    A guy I work with recently purchased a Magic deck boat,he wanted the Conquest,the prob. was Magic had more standard options vs. Conquest charged for every little thing.He ended up paying $84,000.00 for the Magic,just the way he wanted it,the Conquest the way he wanted it would have been close to a $100,000.00.They have the same bottoms.They are both beautiful boats.

SDLifesaver
    The Cobra is a nice boat but does not appeal to me at all. We will see what happens when our boat sells and crunch time begins. I have to agree with whoever said the lines of the Magic are better than the Conquest. There are things about each boat we really like. The big thing is this is our last boat for a few years so I better be really happy with everything I choose because there will not be any changes in my future for a while. As far as the 496HO goes, I agree that it is a better deal than the 525 but I am having second thoughts about after market work and upgrades and it just seems like a bunch of expensive services waiting to happen. Keep the input coming. Nick

NashvilleBound
    RO: Zip it!
    Famaffair: (short version) I talked to Jeff (owner) at the LA boat show 2 years ago when all he has was a artists rendering. He quoted me an approximate price. Then I flew back out when they had their first hull done a year ago....he gave me another slightly high price according to "True Pricing". I was ok with that and but from there to about the end of the year I got two price increases...$10K EACH. These price increases came from Hernando in e-mails. I called every other month to check in....be a good customer.... everyone that knows me knows I am a very straight shooter. Long story short, but with much more drama than just that. When you tell someone something then just change it because you can....F yourself. My money goes elsewhere.... Besides his last "Quote" to me was $93,400 with NO power(credit for stock power ALREADY applied). REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! Oh..the best part...cant get me one till December....Duh...like that will do me any good. I'm over it.....wait...AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..ok, now i'm over it

riverliver
    NB did you look at the E-Ticket deck boat and if so what did you think of it ?

NashvilleBound
    NB did you look at the E-Ticket deck boat and if so what did you think of it ?
    I think Larry, who was a good host, (I flew out just for a test ride) builds one of the VERY best deck boats out there. His quality...everything was superior. No corners cut. It just didnt fit my needs having kids and such. The swim step issue....walk in entry from rear...stuff like that. I was ready to pull the trigger on one with twin 525's. The only thing he said that really discouraged me was that he would not use Ilmor's. I think a set of 625's would be an amazing ride.

riverliver
    I think Larry, who was a good host, (I flew out just for a test ride) builds one of the VERY best deck boats out there. His quality...everything was superior. No corners cut. It just didnt fit my needs having kids and such. The swim step issue....walk in entry from rear...stuff like that. I was ready to pull the trigger on one with twin 525's. The only thing he said that really discouraged me was that he would not use Ilmor's. I think a set of 625's would be an amazing ride.
    What was he asking for it with the 525's ?

riverliver
    What kind of top end did he say you would see with 525's ? sorry for all the ??
    I am thinking about going to a deck boat, I sure do like the Magic !

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast