Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XM power wiring

franky
    Soooooo....I wired the XM adapter in the boat to the ignition (swithed) just like the stereo so that it turn off when the ignition is swithced off (once again, just like the stereo). Well, the stereo has no trouble (doesn't miss a beat) when I swithch the ignition from run to accessories (gotta do it fast), but the XM shuts down. Is there any sort of momentary power storage device (like a cap) or whatever out there that I can use to prevent this short of wiring it to hot and having to remeber to shut it off at the end of the day?.

phebus
    Can't you power it off the remote wire from the head unit? That way, it would switch on and off with the head unit.

franky
    Can't you power it off the remote wire from the head unit? That way, it would switch on and off with the head unit.
    Nice one! But now, F@ck, I have to tear out so much to get to the head unit but that sounds like the answer. It seems to have some delay built in that would do the trick.
    Thanks Phebus

riverbound
    That is the answer right there. :smile:

g1500
    That happens in my truck, when i turn the ignition on, and fire up the XM, when i start my truck, the XM restarts. dont know what the deal is, not too much of a problem, just about 2 seconds of not listining to what was playing.

phebus
    That happens in my truck, when i turn the ignition on, and fire up the XM, when i start my truck, the XM restarts. dont know what the deal is, not too much of a problem, just about 2 seconds of not listining to what was playing.
    That is probably just the XM "reloading". Sounds normal to me.

g1500
    yea i dont see it as too much of a problem, just food for thought.
    I was pretty damn pissed today when they decided to do an "update" on XM and had a Bunch of BS throughout all of the channels.

Mr. Naudio
    if the digital adapter you are using is the (sonxmd100) you need to get the (sonxmd110) should fix the xm reset issue.

schme2
    You should have a "Constant" 12V going to your XM unit, and then through one of your data lines you have a "ACC" line. As long as you don't have the constant connected to your ACC line it is all normal for your XM to "Reload".

g1500
    You should have a "Constant" 12V going to your XM unit, and then through one of your data lines you have a "ACC" line. As long as you don't have the constant connected to your ACC line it is all normal for your XM to "Reload".
    I believe it is actually a 6V unit isnt it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast