Thread: XM antenna...

Outnumbered
    OK, I have come to the conclusion that my SQ issues with XM have to do with shitty reception using the little mag antenna. I have been using the home antenna THRU THE WALLS OF MY HOUSE and get better SQ than in the boat or car. I'm thinking of mounting the home antenna in the boat under the dash out of site. I think it may receive better since its so much larger than the little mag one. Either that or maybe getting the marine antenna. I just do not want to mount that ant on the boat. Anyone have any input?
    Thanks

ROZ
    OK, I have come to the conclusion that my SQ issues with XM have to do with shitty reception using the little mag antenna. I have been using the home antenna THRU THE WALLS OF MY HOUSE and get better SQ than in the boat or car. I'm thinking of mounting the home antenna in the boat under the dash out of site. I think it may receive better since its so much larger than the little mag one. Either that or maybe getting the marine antenna. I just do not want to mount that ant on the boat. Anyone have any input?
    Thanks
    Because it's a digital signal, the reception is either is on or no reception at all...
    Does it sound grainy or does the signal sound low?

Outnumbered
    Because it's a digital signal, the reception is either is on or no reception at all...
    Does it sound grainy or does the signal sound low?
    Thanks ROZ. That is what I thought (all or none) but there is actually static. Background "white noise" and crackling. Especially on the high notes, cimbals, crashes, etc. Its not motor noise because I am not running it when the motor is on. The kicker is that it only on certain chanels. Some chanels are way worse than others. I was surfing some XM forums and I am not the only one getting these issues. Some people are saying that it is something on XMs end and has to do with compression and feed quality. All I know is that I am about ready to pitch it and get SIRIUS. My system is pretty tight and I have no issues with CDs. Its all Alpine, JL, and Fosgate. Sounds real good except for the XM.