Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Ford Recipes

H8Monday
    Fryzall, I appreciate the detail in your response. Answers like yours are what I am looking for. I want to know what is working for everybody as far as cam choice, etc. then what RPM are they getting with what impeller.
    Thanks, and keep-em-coming.

jroos
    Well Chris, guess your now it all asshole needs to contact Ford and tell them that they either stamped my DOVE heads on my DIVE block wrong or I have the only set of positive stop DOVE heads made and they must be worth a hell of a lot of cash. And another thing, if you know so damn much about BB Fords, then why come here to a boat site to ask dumb asses like myself for tech tips dip? On top of everything i was meerly putting my 2 cents in and putting a little spice in my post(humor). I never said that an Edelbrock RPM Performer was crap. Just that I feel that a Stealth would be better. Illiteracy can be fixed because remember, " A mind is a terrible thing to waste".

fryzll
    Well jroos, I am not a know it all, I might be wrong about the heads, i have never seen any D0VE heads w/ positive stop rockers and exaust restricters (ie humps) but if you have a set you win bud. And by the way, you must have a complex about being a asshole because I wasnt inferring that you were one, it was just a saying but if you didnt catch it I can understand http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif . But when you tell people they bought garbage (you said it) it kinda rubs them the wrong way.
    Chris
    P.S. Blink twice if you understand http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

jroos
    Only once. Don`t know where ya`ll get the other faces from. Ok, getting a little heated but fun for a bit. Never said bought garbage although it is basically the same thing as what I said. I`m meerly trying to tell someone who is building a motor what to do or stay away from. he asked for my opinion. And I do feel that Erson casts their cams out of the crappiest material. This is probably why they were so cheap. I run a Lunati and am very pleased with their Bracket Master II kits. Ultradyne and Engle are also exceptionally good cams. I only used to run Isky, but I personnally feel that their technology stopped somewhere in the late 80`s. Again, these are my opinions. Wow, and I did have emissions humps that I ground out. I didn`t even mention that till now, how`d you know?

jroos
    H8, Lunati has a cam for 460 ground especially for jet jobs. Go to Holley`s web site as they bought them out. Yor setup would work fantastic with this cam. But don`t take my word for it ask the techs and they will tell you. I too run the logs for interior but mostly `cause my friends and I like to drink Bud Light (in a bottle) and I can just picture my drunk ass getting in the boat from a hard crash and burn and my rib cage just sticking to a hot ass header! OOOOUUUUUCCCHHH, hate when that happens. A friend of mine ran Zoomies in a pickle fork with a Kieth Black motor and it was too damn loud. But the flames at night burning VP was so damn cool. Good luck with your rebuild and see Lunati, these "thumper" cams sound awsome.

Bubbledeck2
    I'm watching this thread closely. It'd be great if someone had some dyno numbers to throw up with their combo.
    I'm looking to make some more horsepower over the winter too.
    Tenative plans are some ported DOVE heads, cam (unknown brand), intake (most likely Weiand stealth) .. I'm open to all suggestions and opinions

jroos
    Hey Bubbledeck, what intake do you currently have and cfm? What exhaust? I personnally built my motor for what I feel a jet is, a lot of show and a little bit of go. I wanted it to be reliable and durable. Wanted the high motor look, as are plans for a tunnel ram with 2, 2" spacers for even more height. I went with a 4150 750 because I took it off a car I used to run that i flipped. In other words I already had it. 850 isthe optimum choice for me. As for a dyno, why would I want to spend the money on that when i know I`m not the fastest guy out there by far. I would recommend a Lunati because they sound so damn good at idle. The next time my heads come off, i`m gonna have some port work done as well.Not polish, just port. Then I`m gonna have the heads shaved for a little more ummp! I highly recommend this because for one jets run cool and for two these heads are steel.So they resist warping. Doesn`t cost much and as far as bang for your buck this is money well spent. It doesn`t sound as if you wanna spend an arm and a leg. If you did then go buy a crate, send it to a speed shop and have it blown and nitro injected. Taht`ll cost a couple of beans.

Bubbledeck2
    jroos right now my motor is all stock. I have an iron intake with a 650 holley and log exhausts. It has the low comp D3VE heads. It runs good and I probably should just leave it alone, but I want a little more power (don't we all?) The tall motors look great, but I don't want all the tuning and tweaking that goes with them, so I'm going to stay with a single 4bbl. You're right about the Lunati, I hear they are the masters of the rumpety idle. You're also right about me not wanting to spend a fortune on this project. I'm not going to sacrifice quality, but I will have to limit quantity of what I can do.
    I'm hoping a decent cam, heads, and intake will get me into the 70s. I went to the lake yesterday with my new GPS and my fingers crossed. I made 2 passes .. 62.0 and 62.4
    That is with a stock 460, reasonably fresh JC/A, no diverter, turning right at 4500rpm

jroos
    Bubbledeck, that`s what mine ran bone stock. `75,20', Southwind. JC-A, no diverter,650 Quadrabog. I don`t forsee any problem with the #`s you want with what you are going to do. With the exception of an 850 and the Lunati. They only make one for jets running a BB Ford. You will also need a place diverter. I`m buying one now. I`m also looking for a JG bowl to replace the JC. GS tells me not to run a Droop and Ron Sporal tells me to! Only one way to find out for sure! And I really want to run a ride plate.

TX19
    Hey folks - a lot of what you are asking for was posted on B'deck 2's question about BBF heads on his 9/3 post - especially the question about dyno numbers and head choices.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast