Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Favorite Ford Recipes

mister460
    Hey H8Monday, do you have Dyno2000. I have some combos in Dyno2000 format that you would really be happy with. If not I'm just gonna post it here. This combo, or slight variations, has always been good to me. 850 Edelbrock Perf. Quadrajet, Weiand Stealth intake or single plane, Crower stainless full roller rockers, stainless(I use Manley but it really doesn't matter) valves, ported heads flowing 302cfm@.550 int. lift, ARP head studs, TRW forged slugs(whichever forged piston that will give you 10.5:1 comp), .554/.574 lift, 226deg@.050 dur(tailor to your rpm range), anit pump lifters, Compcams 3/8 pushrods/guideplates, double roller timing chain(or gears if you want real strength), Clevite 77 bearings, ARP main studs, everything balanced/blueprinted, ZERO deck height, Mallory Unilite distributor, Jacobs electronics or MSD or Mallory igniton(all are very good, I like Jacobs), and a Holley electric fuel pump to feed it all. I tried not to leave anything out but if I did, just ask. This combo, tuned correctly, ought to make over 600 hp. Oh yeah, and I painted it dark Ford blue! Can't forget that! Hope this helps.

RiverDave2
    Originally posted by H8Monday:
    What a joke! I inquire about a motor combination, from a group of 'experts', and all you guys can do is bitch and fight.
    Do any of you slapnuts even own a boat?
    At least now I know why the posts with the most hits are the ones about partys and beer drinking.
    H8Monday, Should've told people that you'll be partying and drinking beer while occasionally twisting a wrench on the ole Ford. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Probably would've had much more positive feedback. 90% of what I've posted has been about partying and I've never had anything but good response. (until I varied from that for a little bit, and met slowboat http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif) In any event, I would strongly recomend listening to PonPonRacing. He is wise, young grasshopper.
    RD

FoMoCo
    http://www.fomocomotorsports.20m.com...i/upboat16.jpg
    DOVE Block.429 bored .040 over. TRW Fact. Cobra jet Pistons, around 10.8:1 Compression. C9VE Heads with 2.19(Manley Race Master) intake valves, 1.76 Exhaust valves. Bowl Ported and intake & exhaust ports were cleaned up as well. Comp Cams 280 Solid Roller with .634 lift and 236 dur@.050. 110 Lobe Sep. 1.73 Comp Stainless Rockers on the Intake side and 1.8 rockers on the exhaust side. ARP Main Studs, Cobra Jet Rods with ARP rod bolts, ARP head studs. Topped of with wieand Tunnel ram with 2 600 CFM Vac Sec Holley Carbs. MSD Pro billet Dist, with MSD Digital 6 plus box. Have not got it all tuned in yet but with just the primarys of the carbs and no place diverter it was gpsed at 74 mph!!

77charger
    Hey FoMoCo glad to see im not the only one running a 429.Whats your reason mine is the comp ratio and it loves to rev.Had the 460 but the 429 out does it.Mine is the 1970.working on another right nowbut going to a bigger cam was 224at50 540 and getting a victor jr and selling the performer rpm.

H8Monday
    Hey let me know how that Victor works out for you. I've used it on a 468 BBC in a Bracket Car, but I've never seen one in a boat OR on a Ford.

fryzll
    Hey H8, im happy with the Victor460 looks wise, BUT, the ports dont come close. The intake seals great so I dont think its the deck height or heads being milled, it might just be that its also made for the SCJ heads so they add more 'HERE' and take more 'THERE' but who knows. Im going to match them this off season when I powdercoat it. Im trying to find someone else who has a Eldebrock Victor460 or a Ford Motorsport Victor to see if they have the same prob. Hope that helps.
    Chris

FoMoCo
    I like Big Bore short stroke motors, because they can servive at High rpms all day long! Since I could not afford Fancy H-beam rods and Scat crank I just build a 429 with Cobra-jet rods and ARP bolts and Main Studs, I figured if that didn't hold a 3.59 stoke on the bollte than I should not even own the damn boat!

jroos
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Well i have a DIVE block! Funny how all the quote Ford guys know nothing about this.

77charger
    Originally posted by jroos:
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Well i have a DIVE block! Funny how all the quote Ford guys know nothing about this.
    how about its a 1971 block.Hope your happy now.Thanks for the info FOMoCo thats pretty much the same for me too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456