Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanks Wes and Trident Boats

HM
    918 hp is nothing to sneeze at. The most impressive thing I saw was the fact that there was no horsepower curve... it was a straight line headed for the moon. At 5800 there was exactly zero sign that it was rolling over at all. We definitely stopped it short of full potential.
    Not to mention that the Superior dyno is notoriously stingy. Not real motor-builder freindly if you know what I mean. I think they call it the "humbler". People with big numbers elsewhere just don't pull them there. The load cell that they have damn near stops the engine cold when they give it the spurs at full throttle.
    Those guys rebuilt my blown mouse. Great shop, and that Dyno is definitely the humbler. I seen quite a few people leave pissed off at coming 100-200 HP short of what they expected. so, for you to get 918 on that Dyno is very impressive.
    Cool shop that has both a motor dyno and a wheel dyno (not very useful for boats.)
    Question....since you guys have been working with Carson on the twin turbo, how come you did not use his dyno? (besides another hour drive, one way) His dyno is known for testing high HP motors very reliably.

DogHouse
    Okay, I've been AWOL for a while. Why the switch from the Whipple to the turbos?
    Didn't see the other thread with all the posts, but I'll throw out a guess:
    Maybe they wanted something more efficient... That always gets Dustin all riled up!

NorCal Gameshow
    whoever supplies TRIDENT with zip-ties is gonna be rich..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123